News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

God bless injection

Started by kiwitiger, November 17, 2006, 08:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwitiger

I have to brag about the last tankful on my 02.  

At 243.1 miles the fuel light came on. Usually around 19 litres. I thought id run it a bit longer and see what happened. At 272.7 miles - Im talking kiwi miles here as they are much better than any other miles on the planet  - I was passing a garage and thought I'd pushed my luck enough so I filled up. In went 21.31 litres and she was chokka.

This according to some rough calculations using a flat stone and a hammer and chisel resulted in some 58.26 mpg. Resulting in nearly 500km's per tank. Sorry, but to get any idea if my motors running I've still got to use MPG, as these kilometer thingy's are only good for distance to go or travelled. Getting older !!!!

Now I must admit that most of the tank was used in the under 5000rpm range ...viz wet weather, bit of commuting etc etc  and using 98 octane fuel but this is still bloody good. I dont wish to start another I got this and I got that thread - but then i was thinking-----

Do they arrive at 24 litres by filling them up or putting the tank in a tank and measuring the displacement. Be interested to see if the fuel pump was entered in the equation.

Sleep well and keep the sump down.

Foxy

It's definitely a 24 litre tank - I've drained 24.5 out once before (embarassing story). Never seem to refill it by that much when emptying conventionally, which would make me suspect there is a little dead space at the bottom of the tank. However, when I've stripped the tank the dead space is minimal, probably only a couple of hundred cc's at most.

Last year I was on a good long run, and not exactly being gentle either, given the company I was keeping. I got to 230 miles or so before worrying that the low fuel light bulb had blown and I was about to coast to a halt, but continued until at last the light came on and then further until I felt like I daren't push my luck any further. I can't remember now the actual total distance or fuel used, but there was enough left not to worry and I worked out the consumption as a little over 65mpg.

grrrh

Hey Tiger, pretty good going on the mpg!! My light came on at 222 miles while on my way to palmy so i stopped in Shannon. Ididnt tank it up, as me being a tight sod i only put 20 bucks in.Thinks maybe i should have done. I think the hawksbury blue model is quicker anyway so less gas miles aye? Should be economical for the Dunnydin trip i reckon.

See you in Palmy for the blood run mate. :smt112
watch yer mouth on t\' corners

Sorry to do ya but I've had 259 miles before the light and filled up almost immediately with 18.3 litres. I worked it out at 65mpg. I was going very slowly up through the Massif Central, France on my way back to Calais enjoying the scenery in no hurry.