News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fork oil

Started by butch61241, October 26, 2006, 06:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch61241

what wt. and how much fork oil for a 2005 tiger :P

german

your question is interesting, let me tell you that you need 720 cc. oil volume.

I understand that we need to use oil 10 w as manufacturing (berry soft), however I want to know if some of you have used 15 or 20 w (more hard)?
Tiger 05´, Tiger 09´ ABS, CB550 76´

The forks on the Tiger are filled to a level given from the top of the stanchion when fully compressed with the spring removed.

The level Triumph give is 119mm.   However, I wanted them a little stiffer. So I filled to 110mm and used a mixture of 66%~15W + 33%~10W...(13.66W?) Works for me anyway.

I don't know where "german" gets his volume from because (IIRC) I can fill both legs with less than 1 litre.

ghostbiker955i

I used 20wt on my 05 tiger. wanted a much stiffer front end as im just a LITTLE on the heavy side and didnt like the dive. not cured it but i dont think oil alon would ever do that, but it has helped
If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!

Hardboiledone

During my recent 24K service, I had the fork oil changed to 15 wt. It really did make a difference on the stiffness and has decreased the dive. (I guess I'm not as heavy as Ghostbiker955.  :) )

Blake
...(the noise) suddenly turned into Tigger; a Friendly Tigger, a Grand Tigger, a Large and Helpful Tigger, a Tigger who bounced, if he bounced at all, in just the beautiful way a Tigger ought to bounce.    A.A. Milne

german

Blacktiger, oil volume (dry fill) 720cc and oil lever (fork fully compressed) 107mm (without spring ftted).

It is  a manual info.

Quote from: "german"Blacktiger, oil volume (dry fill) 720cc and oil lever (fork fully compressed) 107mm (without spring ftted).

It is  a manual info.

:?:  :?:  :?:

Has 119mm in the Haynes manual........but that only covers 900 Tigers. Is that 107mmm ;

a) quoted out of the Triumph manual &

b) for 955 Tigers?

:?:  :?:  :?:

german

yes. triumph manual for 955i.