News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Sick

Started by skoron, October 30, 2003, 03:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skoron

I posted this on the Yahoo forum and got a couple of answers.  But...

The other day after working on the bike, I decided to wash it.  Used the garden hose and a  bucket of suds.  No high pressure.  Made the mistake of not starting or riding it afterwards.  Went to start it up two days later (early cool morning) and would not run well.  Rough idle and no power.  It appeared to be running on two cylinders.  Rode to work thinking it would warm up and dry out.  Never happened.  Sat in the sun most of the day and was just as bad on the way home.  Also noted the engine never seemed to build up any heat.  

I suspect a plug wire or coil got wet.  Riding it on two cylinders probably fouled the plug and won't run even if dried out.  This means I won't be riding until I find the time (Saturday) to take of tank, plastics and junk to diagnose plugs, coil and wires.  

I don't understand why we generally have to be so careful with water.  One would really think that bikes would be better then cars becsause of the exposed guts.  Oh well.

Skoron
The ride\'s the thing, travel too fast and you miss the reason.

omnibob

I been using a polish from Honda the needs no water. It eats road grime quit well. The best part is no water is needed.
Robert McTigue

skoron

Robert:

Will have to keep an eye out for the stuff.  Spent tonight pulling the side panels and fuel tank off.  Checked the plugs, wires and coil leads.  Seems to be running better.

Will have to be more careful in the future.  What a PITA!

Skoron
The ride\'s the thing, travel too fast and you miss the reason.