News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Trip to Scotland - Rental?

Started by Patrick the Scot, January 02, 2007, 01:52:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick the Scot

I'm considering a trip to Scotland late sping '07. Currently, air fare is relatively cheap to Glasgow, so why not? Does anyone know if you can rent a bike to take out of the city for a few days?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

HockleyBoy

Rentamotorcycle

The easy route to motorcycle rental in the UK. Our aim is to make it is easy as possible to rent a motorcycle from us. +44 (0) 141 641 1429

4, Flemington Industrial Estate, Hamilton Road, Cambuslang, Glasgow  > +44 (0) 141 641 1429

Found these on the net, don't know if they are any good or not.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

martinkerr

Ok mate if you get here and hire a bike get yourself up to Tyndrum. after there run up to Glencoe excellent roads  with the best views possible. Stay overnight if possible  at fort William. Next carry on up to Skye ride to the south of Ske to the ferry terminal called Armadale and cross over to Mallaig. Travel the next 180miles to Glasgow on some of the best roads you have ever been on.

Cheers

Martin :lol:

Patrick the Scot

So it is feasible to rent a moto.  Excellent.

Thank you both. I will print out your info and carry on.  

Also, is it true that Glasgow is the "most dangerous city in Europe" in regard to violent crimes per capita?  I read that on Yahoo news or some damn place.  Not that it matters to me: I mean hey, I go to Albuquerque, New Mexico all the time...
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

martinkerr

Its no more dangerous than any other large city. I wouldnt recommend stolling down dark lanes at two in the morning, but where can you do that?

honestly you will be as safe as houses.

Cheers

Martin

PS update this with dates when you are coming to Scotland.

TigerTrax

Patrick...

FYI....

Capn Quack is putting together a trip to Ireland for the GP races in '07.

Fly over .... rent bikes... watch races... drink Irish Whiskey... dance a jig..

I don't know all the facts..... Google ... Riders of the Lost Empire and

flip him an e-Mail if you are interested.

PS:

Want to walk down a dark alley at 2am ..... you could do that in

Eagle, NE.  I don't know why .... but you could!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Patrick...

PS:

Want to walk down a dark alley at 2am ..... you could do that in

Eagle, NE.  I don't know why .... but you could!

I used to do that every Friday night when I lived in a picturesque town in Indiana.  Attica, Indiana, on the banks of the Wabash. I actually walked to and from work. On Fridays on the way home from work we would stop at the tavern and stay until about 2 a.m.  drinking ye ol Guinness, the true King of Beers. Then we would weave on up the mapletree-lined street, singing and laughing, all the way to the house.

Nothing like small-town Indiana.  It is like a time warp there.

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "martinkerr"PS update this with dates when you are coming to Scotland.

Definitely will. Right now the round trip is $526, from Lubbock to Glasgow and back.  I'd blow that kind of money on stupid shit at the 4x4 store that I don't need or want. So I thought I'd get off the continent and go see the Motherland, if only for a short spell.