News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

The New Tiger Rocks!

Started by herbie53, February 02, 2007, 12:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herbie53

On January 17th my local Triumph Dealer received a new Tiger. Me and a couple of other RAT guys took it for a spin. WOW!  A week later I went in a dropped a deposit on the desk. It should be here by the end of March. What a machine.  Trouble is I may have to sell me Sprint or Bonnie now.

zadok_oz

Three bikes in the garage would be sweet! :D
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "herbie53"WOW!

Yep, I've heard the new one puts the girlies and steamers to sleep.

BTW, what is the nicker for the new bike?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

Quote from: "Patrick the Scot"
Quote from: "herbie53"WOW!

BTW, what is the nicker for the new bike?

Don't think anyones come up with a name for the new ones. How about "Roady Tigers"?

kiwitiger

Im with you  - Roadies it should be.

Then the saying 'ill have one for the road " will take on a new meaning.

tigger955i

:twisted: more like " PUSSY "  :twisted:

Bushwhacker

Quote from: "tigger955i":twisted: more like " PUSSY "  :twisted:

Nope.  That would be the optional name for the FI Girly bikes.

The 1050, obviously much to the chagrin of the Girly owners, is a real Motorcycle.

:D/

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2000 Thunderbird Sport - Yellow w/Ghost Flames

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

2005 Jeep Wrangler - Blue

Jim S

Ok, ok, I had to bite to this one!

My Girly Tiger wasn't looking too much a pussy at 3000m above sea level on top of the Stella Alpina! Somewhere the new Tiger wouldn't really belong.  :cry:

It may be a "real motorcycle" but then so's my Fireblade! I bought the Tiger for it's adventure styling and the limited offroad ability, something Triumph seem to have missed.

I've not seen the new one in the flesh as yet but will have a seat on it at the Scottish bike show next month, I'll reserve my opinion until then.
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

tigger955i

:wink: I had a test ride on another one the other day just to make sure that it was as bland as I remember from the first time. Or was it a Fazer, ....... No it was slower, or was it a strada, ....... No it didnt handle as well, or was it a strom, ...... No it wasnt comfy.

Its got two good things going for it :-

1) The engine, and unless your on a track it isnt much different to the 955i

2) Its British.

:smt019

Bushwhacker

Quote from: "tigger955i":wink: I had a test ride on another one the other day just to make sure that it was as bland as I remember from the first time. Or was it a Fazer, ....... No it was slower, or was it a strada, ....... No it didnt handle as well, or was it a strom, ...... No it wasnt comfy.

Its got two good things going for it :-

1) The engine, and unless your on a track it isnt much different to the 955i

2) Its British.

:smt019

My response to you was tongue-in-cheek (meant to be humerous) as I thought yours was.

But honestly I do not understand you or those with your attitude.  

You obviously have the bike you want.  Why is it you seem to care so much and feel the need to denegrate a bike someone else may enjoy and want.

I owned a Valkyrie for a number of years and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I no longer ride that type of motorcycle but completely understand the joy of those that do.

After The Valkyrie I bought a 05 955I Triumph Tiger and over the next 18 months put about 15k very enjoyable miles on it.  (It would have been more but I liked the triple engine so much I also bought a T-Bird Sport and put several thousand miles on it during the same time.

I decided I wanted to go back to a Bike that was a bit more road biased and bought an 04 Multistrada and put the Tiger up for sale.  Loved the Multi. Great bike except it was difficult to find a comfortable gear around town in the 35-45 mph range, but on the Highway it was a dream to ride.

Unfortunately I totaled it just north of the Grand Canyon a couple of months ago and after some research went down and traded my 05 955i Tiger on a new ABS 07 Tiger to be delivered in March and have every expectation that it is going to be an excellent choice and great fun to ride.

I have enjoyed every motorcycle I have ever owned and fully understand the diversity of motorcycles.

What I don't understand is, that if, as noted, you have a bike you love and enjoy, why you feel the need to denegrate someone elses choice.

If your answer is the old crap about

"The bike is fine, It's just not a Tiger"

Then you have to include yourself and your bike in that same complaint, because here is one of the original Tigers and yours is "Just not a Tiger", either -

-
When you look like a rude, crude, scum-sucking cretin, people tend not to ask you stupid questions.

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

tigger955i

Now listen here Bushwanker, dont get all serious on us, put your cursor over the first smiley in my answer and  :smt025

ps Love the 750

Bushwhacker

Quote from: "tigger955i"Now listen here Bushwanker, dont get all serious on us, put your cursor over the first smiley in my answer and  :smt025

ps Love the 750

Apologies and cheers.  I am sometimes an :asshat

-

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS

Eric

I tend to agree with the Bushwacker in his 'defense' of his new Tiger. Different strokes for different folks. I have a Tiger and a Scrambler. Different rides, different roads, different distances. That said, if I had room and money I'd have a Ducati GT and maybe a H-D Road King, but probably wouldn't have an 07 Tiger.

A quality product is still a quality product!
Eric Walburgh

06 Tiger

William Reber

:lol:  The new Tiger is just what it is NEW , it's a new bike all the way it will be the best for some and a let down to others. As for me with the sole exception of LOUD  motercycles I have never been even near a bike I did not like , An I do like HD's with out loud pipes. The 955 is my bike and I am very happy with it and I like it's looks and ride. In the looks department I like the 955 better than the New Ride but that's just me , most like the New Tiger in that department. I fully intend to ride the new one when my dealer gets a demo , but have no intension of trading my 06 because I LIKE IT and that's all that matters to this rider.

Bushwhacker

Quote from: "William Reber":lol:  have no intension of trading my 06 because I LIKE IT and that's all that matters to this rider.

My sentiments exactly.

Quote from: "William Reber":lol:   An I do like HD's with out loud pipes.

When I win the lottery one of these will be among my (very extensive) collection -

2007 Tiger - White w/ABS