News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Zealand

Started by gsp0702, February 23, 2007, 10:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gsp0702

Anyone from NZ frequent this board, i have the possibility of a job in New Zealand based in Lower Hutt near Wellington and would be interested in any info on the area Good/bad areas to live etc.

Also how difficult to bring a bike into NZ?

kiwitiger

Howdy,

yes there a few of us who keep an eye on this forum. Im from Napier - some 330km north of welly town. There a few from wellington also, however they are at our dunedin raid this weekend , so I guess Neil (GRRRH) will reply with some suitable answers when they return.

Lower Hutt is a good spot and the Wellington rat bunch are a good bunch of beer swilling, loud mouthed yobbos also adept a the art of bullshitting.(Aye Neil).

Housing in wellington has everything to offer- depending on your wallet. Info on getting your bike here will be available through our customs - suggest googling it. Or try  http://www.ltsa.govt.nz/importing/.

Good luck with your efforts,  you are about to come to a place where  Mr Bloor built his bikes for.

gsp0702

Thanks for that i will look forward some input from other NZ members when they are back from Dunedin.

Travel times by bike from places like Featherston to Lower Hutt would be interesting. Just trying to get a feel possible range to base home for working in Lower Hutt area.

Chris Canning

Interesting one i have a couple of friends who have been in the last 18 months with a view to moving there,both spoke very highly of the place(NZ) but felt it would be very difficult to move back to the UK,because of the lower cost of living there and more importantly house prices,selling up in NZ and trying to get back on the UK house ladder would be all but impossible due to the lower cost of houses there,the option being if you own a house in the UK hang on to it,as it gives you the option.

Both of them said the same,hope that helps.

kiwitiger

yes you are dead right there chris, the dollar against the pound has about the same buying power in either country .( ie a pint over here would cost you about $4.00 at a reasonable establishment) If you intend to stay for a short time I agree entirely. Petrol is currently $1.43 a litre. If youre here for the long haul - bring your pounds as it will buy truck loads of what ever you want at the mo. (exchange rate currently about 2.5:1) or you can buy two and half houses and spend the rest of your time riding our lovely roads mortage free.

Wait for grrrh 's reply,after he has wiped the smile offa his face and hes gotten over riding the south island roads. Look forward to the raid report Neil. The Feartherston to Lower Hutt involves a ride over a range of hills and is quite windy and winedy - the trip of some 40 kms would take about 30 mins  - hows that Neil is that close ??

Tiger

zadok_oz

N.Z is motorcycle riding heaven. You will love it. I just got back from another trip, which I rode to Paeroa to watch the 'Battle of the Streets' racing. Absolutely brilliant.

I am on a N.Z bike forum called Kiwibiker. It is very active and informative. Check it out: http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

gsp0702

Thanks for the linky to the site have registered and asked my question and looking to be useful answeres.

grrrh

Hi Guys GRRRH here.  Just checking in on the site from Arthurs Pass after an awesome ride up from Franz Josef.  So far approx 2,800kms of awesome rides and company.  Graeme - I will post a ride report when we get back to Wellington and some information for my fellow Pom.  Meanwhile, we have got the rest of the Arthurs Pass to ride then on to the road through the inward Kaikouras, getting home on late on Sunday.  This is certainly Tiger country!!!

:lol:
watch yer mouth on t\' corners