News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

what to do?

Started by Thrax, February 21, 2007, 10:52:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrax

G'day,

been a while since I been here so I hope you don't mind me asking a few q's...

- what is the recommended, manufacturers load limit for a Tiger?

- I'm 115kgs fully kitted and the little lady is less than half that... lets say 160kgs all up, kitted, the two of us. Is it recommended I do some suspension mods or will the thing be more than ok with the standard suspension?

- what adjustments do the tigers have as standard, and are they effective?

I'm thinking of selling the current bike and getting a Tiger ... seeing as i got a nice payrise including a car... yippee..

Thanks

Thrax

TigerTrax

On my side of the pond ...

you are a 'stealth' 253 lbs and your pillion is  99 lbs.. = 352 lbs

Your Tiger will handle that ... no problem.

My wife and I did 2400 trip in the Rocky Mountains on our '06 Tiger .... 390 lbs + our gear.. So we must have had 450 lbs total. (  205 kgs )

I'd tweak the chain so it's not too tight and bump the rear shock a bit stiffer.  ( drop it back down after your trip ... so you don't break any bottles! )
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Thrax

thanks TigerTrax. How easily adjustable is the suspension on both the 07 and 06 models Tigers? My current bike requires partial removal of the tank and a hammer and long piece of metal which, of course, buggers the adjuster rings!

iansoady

Preload is easy on 06 - just remove the seat and turn the hexagon (12mm IIRC). Rebound damping is adjusted with a long screwdriver from the RHS - the adjuster is at the bottom of the damper unit.

Don't know about the 07.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Quote from: "iansoady"Preload is easy on 06 - just remove the seat and turn the hexagon (12mm IIRC).

10mm hex.