News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Shocked that Tiger parts are no longer available!

Started by fxrs89, March 13, 2007, 04:19:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fxrs89

My Dealer says Triumph discontinued the off road pipe and bypass pipe for my 2000 EFI Tiger...

It REALLY stinks, as I hate when the companies cease to carry parts for older models....  How long till I will have to search EBAY for items to keep my Lovely Tiger running?

This is VERY disappointing!

Ron-Ridgecrest

2000 Tiger EFI without a bypass pipe... still using the breadbox
Time flies like an arrow-

But fruit flies like a banana...

kev187

They did the same thing with the Thunderbird.  But you can still find a healthy amount of parts through various dealers online.  They will slow supply of accessories, but replacement parts to keep it running they will keep up for quite some time.

fxrs89

Anybody try gutting the secondary exhaust (breadbox) under the Triumph 2000 EFI 885cc tiger?  The  bypass pipe is NLA from Triumph!!!

Ideas?  Bewares?

Ron- Ridgecrest

2000 Tiger EFI
Time flies like an arrow-

But fruit flies like a banana...

Quote from: "fxrs89"My Dealer says Triumph discontinued the off road pipe and bypass pipe for my 2000 EFI Tiger...

It REALLY stinks, as I hate when the companies cease to carry parts for older models....  How long till I will have to search EBAY for items to keep my Lovely Tiger running?

This is VERY disappointing!

Ron-Ridgecrest

2000 Tiger EFI without a bypass pipe... still using the breadbox

Those parts are, of course, non standard parts. You'll have no probs getting any standard part.

As for your bypass pipe, why don't you find a custom shop. They may make their own exhausts and be able to help you.

Mudhen

I was trying to get some stickers for a new part I put on my Steamer...NLA....

I guess I may be able to get them if I buy the entire sticker kit for the bike - but at $200+ it's not worth it to me.

Really hope I don't start running into it with important pieces.

Pat
\'96 Steamer