News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

top speed.

Started by german, March 13, 2007, 03:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyM

I reached 129 mph indicated on my Garmin GPS today. The speedo read a bit higher. The bike was still accelerating when I backed off.

Tigertim955

Hi guys - my furst post!!!

I've got a 06 model year 955i, with Triumph sports can and remap. Also fitted Triumph sports screen (which may may a difference as well). I've put a Sprint RS rear sprocket on (42 tooth) which reduced revs by about 400-500 rpm at 70mph.

Comfortable at a 100mph cruise (although I've now got a very thick neck), and I've seen 130mph indicated; noter - accoding to my Garmin 2610 satnav, my speedo consistently pver reads, but only by 2 mph!

Still can't keep up with my wife on the Speed Triple though....
Tiger Tim

The Older I Get, The Better I used to Be

06 MY Black 955i Tiger

03 Roulette Green Speed Triple

steve2047

Hi Guys, Running stock 05 with risers,MRA high screen & 19T sprocket & I weigh 18st have hit indicated 130 many times but local fuzz free road too short & twisty to let it top out, Steve

FullMonte

I think what some of you fail to understand is that the Tiger runs into an aerodynamic brick wall at speeds above 110+mph.  It doesn't matter how much extra power you have, the bike will still have a low top speed because it has the aerodynamic efficiency of a barn door.

Stretch

But it's a fast, sexy barn door.  :mrgreen:

Tama's Tigre

Got my stock 06, except for a 19t front sprocket, up to 125 mph, got scared and backed off.  I was kicking myself in the ass later for not pushing it further, but now that I know I would have only gone 5 mph faster, I don't feel so bad.  :P

NortonCharlie

Mine pulled 140 on the dyno and I've seen the speedometer pass the 130 mark still pulling.  My GPS says my max speed is 196 mph.  Somehow I think it got confused, I don't remember dropping it out of an airplane.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando