News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel tank removal - advice please

Started by greg, March 31, 2007, 11:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

Going to remove my tank shortly to stick a K&N air filter in, anything to watch out for?
2004 Girly.

Chris Canning

Yea make sure you've got an empty tank,because their a pigs ear to lift with loads of fuel in,make sure you've got an extension bar to get at the bolt at the back of the tank,after you have taken the battery tray out.

2004Tiger

You will remove the fuel lines on the left side of the tank. Be sure to tag them or memorize which port they return to. Also memorize the breather and overflow tubes. When you lift the tank you will break the fuel sender wires on the right side because you can't see them before you lift it. You can fit a small block under the rear of the tank for support while you fish the sender wires and pull the disconnect.
2004 Tiger. Black is beautiful. If I don\'t ride a little every day I get a little crazy.

iansoady

Quote from: "2004Tiger"When you lift the tank you will break the fuel sender wires on the right side because you can't see them before you lift it.

??? Mine are easy enough to get at with the side panels off.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

greg

All done, thanks for the info. Bit of a bloody job to change an air filter so I did the plugs too, and may do the shock as well. How things escalate!
2004 Girly.