News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Loud Tapping/knocking

Started by ghostbiker955i, March 19, 2007, 01:28:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

I would go along with what JRO had to say, and endorse the BMW bit.

There are times when things just suck. Bad luck  :( .
2004 Girly.

Stretch

BMW builds scooters?

ghostbiker955i

Oh i wouldnt go BMW, i hate the look of the ducks bill.

Theres not a huge amount out there that i like now, the 1050 tiger for what i do was looking to be a good bike. theres the Multistrada that looks nice (i like odd looks) but ducati reliability worrys. the suki i hated when i rode a couple, and the honda is .......well a honda.

So im thinking why get a multi purpose bike, go for a DRZ400 for fun and a simple bandit 1200 or XJR1300 GSX1400 for distance work.

Of corse this aint gunna happen as im gunna be broke getting the tiger back on form lol that and last week my TV and microwave both went FUBAR  on the SAME FRIGGIN DAY lol and today my heating packs in (thank god the summer is comming :P )

But honestly i was impressed with the DRZ400 in supermoto form. a guy left me standing on a road near me that is as tight and twisty as the come. he was leaving black tyre marks in and out of corners. by far a better rider than me but the bike had to have been good to.

might talk myself in to testing one for a laugh. i can just see my lard arse on it :P

in all honesty now the tiger will have had a full rebuild i dont see much more could go wrong with the engine, pistons and bore seem perfect and i know the top end is in great shape. So i will prob keep her. i was happy up till this problem and as long as i can keep faith and confidence in her i should be happy with her again.
If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!

ghostbiker955i

Time for another small vent...

Friday most of the bits arived, still waiting on a few little bits like clips but the bulk arived. only to find the con rod bolts are compleatly the wrong size, /sigh if there supplying a compleate set (rods, pins , shells, bolts the full works) then how stupid is the supply guy to ship parts from diff bikes?

we have just had 2 great weeks of weather and i have been bikeless. looks like the weather is here for another week maybe 2 ....so when i get my bike back finaly i will be raining for sure :(

Gunna have to steal my daughters YZ125 for some field fun just to remember how to use a throtle :P
If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!