News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rich Exhaust?

Started by geotiger, April 10, 2007, 03:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geotiger

Hey all,

I have an '05 that I have the off-road map with stock can on.  I have noticed that when I pull up to stop lights and such I can smell the exhaust fumes and they smell a little rich on the gas.  I think I could smell the fumes even before I put the off-road map in the ECU, but I am not 100% sure.

Anyone else notice this?  Is it just the ECU compensating for the change to idle?  What do you all think?

Thanks,

Nathan
"The one thing we can learn from history is that we don\'t learn from history." - Shaw

iansoady

I noticed that when I first got the Tiger. I think it is due to the off-road tune which is richer than standard. Interestingly, now I have put the standard silencer on (but kept the off-road tune), it doesn't smell so bad, and there is certainly less sooting of the silencer tailpipe.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

Chris Canning

Sooty pipes?? i'm afraid thats unleaded fuel for you, the days of checking the exhaust pipe are long gone,only way you ever going to tell,either do a dyno run with all the bells and whistles connected,or on a simpler level a plug chop.