News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by DanoDawg, April 12, 2007, 04:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanoDawg

Hey Guest,

First: why don't you register and fill out your profile?  :?

Second: Loctite comes in many different formulations. Here at work we use Loctite brand "222" (purple color) for  bolts that will eventually need servicing. That would be my first choice.

Later,

Dan
\'06 Tiger

NortonCharlie

I use a little anti-sieze compound and a torque wrench when I put mine together.  I don't think lock-tite is recommended here.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

Advwannabe

Thanks for the ideas guys,

Dano, somehow the forum let me post my last without asking me to log in, not sure how it happened but you have a good point.

Nortoncharlie I think you're right. It's torqued and I'll just keep an eye on it.

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

blacktiger

Wannabe,

I have found that spray silicone is great for lubing bits and pieces.  It dries "dry" and puts a barrier on the coated object  which discourages mud and poo from sticking whilst giving lubrication where required.  Also it is cheap and easy to apply.  As for the "sacrifical" bolt.  Never seize, copper coat, or similar with the correct tension are the way to go IMHO.

Hope this helps

Peter

PS. I use spray silicone and Woolies shopping bags as lube on my 4wd and caravan hitch and there is no appreciable wear on ball or socket after 15,000 kms of towing.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

blacktiger

Must need a sharp impact to snap the pivot.I dropped mine at standstill.It bent the pivot but actually stripped the thread from the foot peg hanger.When I put it all together I just copperslipped and torqued everything up. Couple of weeks later I noticed the hanger was loose so I loctited the hanger bolts but the brake pivot was ok so I left it alone.Check it periodically and it has not budged.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.