News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

And they call it a dual sport !!

Started by Guest, April 19, 2007, 03:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WOW! I have ridden my new to me tiger(01 955i) the last two days and am I impressed.I can't stop grinnin :lol: The po had an aftermarket pipe and a chip put in.Zoom Zoom.99% on pavement to get used to her.Sits like a dirt bike and handles like a crotch rocket on the pavement.I am a dual sport rider and spend most of my time on gravel/dirt with another bike.So i rode gravel and dirt and could not believe how nimble this bike handles ( Tourance -sp?) rubber on her.Sooo much power and handles like a thumper.To me it's a shame to put her of road.But she handles so nice on and off the road I still can't get over it.This bike has to be one of the best kept secrets in the dual sport world.I still have to get use to the gear box,seems a little,ah,rougher than I'm used to.Only at lower speeds.probably just me :oops: Anyhow,glad I went with the tiger.

Happy Trails

Mike

ghostbiker955i

Try slackening the chain off a little, my box gets a little clunky and the odd false gear if i have it to tight.
If it aint broke, I aint touched it! .........Yet!

I agree with the off road sentiments. Mine gave a KTM Supermoto rider a shock on the Stella Alpina Rally last year.

The only BIG down side of a Tiger off road is that they're so difficult to pick up if you drop them.

cbxtc6

chip?

What chip.  Or was it just a re-tune?

greg

So you think you might have made the right choice then :?
2004 Girly.

Quote from: "cbxtc6"chip?

I was told by the po that it is a performance chip.I will check with him this week and make sure I'm not mistaken,I believe it's an aftermarket peice.

A friend of mine runs street bikes and rode her and didn't think

it was stock.He said by the idle he didn't think it was stock.It is the first triple he has ever rode and was impressed.It has been along time since I've ridden anything with this much power,and I likey :lol:

When I find out the info,I will post up the results

Happy Trails

Mike

Mudhen

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the world of the stupid grin!  The triple motor is totally addictive.  I felt the same way even with my '96 carb'd bike...couldn't believe everyone wasn't flocking to their local Triumph dealer to get one!

If you don't have underside protection you may want to look into it.  There are some fragile bits underneath that you'd probably prefer not to have rocks kicked up into...add some crashbars while you're at it...

(and don't let Triumph catch you calling that thing a dual-sport...read your owners manual - it's NOT for dirt!)  [-X

Now would be an appropriate time to put up some pics, too.

:smt023
\'96 Steamer

Advwannabe

Congrats wvmike,

You have a great all roads tourer there. Try it down a sandy creekbed or a boggy mudhole before you sing its offroad praises too much! She's pretty good for such a big girl though.

All the best
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Mudhen

Quote from: "Advwannabe"Try it down a sandy creekbed or a boggy mudhole before you sing its offroad praises too much! She's pretty good for such a big girl though.

And please don't forget your camera when  you do!
\'96 Steamer

Quote from: "wvmike"
Quote from: "cbxtc6"chip?

I was told by the po that it is a performance chip.

Mike

Triumph use an EPROM chip in the ECU which is reprogramed NOT replaced.

Blacktiger,you are correct.Made a nice difference :lol: Really enjoying my Tiger.what a cool bike.Raised the seat all the way up,made a huge difference in the ride.Anyone here going to Wellsboro,Pa for the rally?

Mike

Mechanoligist

Sure am! I am looking forward to it .
Just along for the ride