News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Shifting Question

Started by recliffo, April 25, 2007, 06:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recliffo

My 95 Tiger wants to lunge forward when I shift from nuetral to first. This only happens when the bike is cold, usually on morning starts when the bike is cold. Anybody have an idea on what to do or look for. Thanks for the help all Tiger riders.

burntclutch

Quote from: "recliffo"My 95 Tiger wants to lunge forward when I shift from nuetral to first. This only happens when the bike is cold, usually on morning starts when the bike is cold. Anybody have an idea on what to do or look for. Thanks for the help all Tiger riders.

First thing I would check is the hydraulic fluid for that clutch. If you've got the choke on and the engine is still revving up, that pretty normal to have some slight push forward as the bike pops into first and that gear starts spinning.

What about when popping into second?

WIDGIN

What you're feeling is the cold, viscous oil dragging on the clutch plate.  As long as it doesn't do this when warm, no problem.  If it does it when warm, take some slack out of the clutch cable.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

burntclutch

Quote from: "rbike"What you're feeling is the cold, viscous oil dragging on the clutch plate.  As long as it doesn't do this when warm, no problem.  If it does it when warm, take some slack out of the clutch cable.

No clutch cable on <99 models....we're all hydraulic. :D

Stretch

Quote from: "burntclutch"No clutch cable

Ah, that explains it!  Replace that cable right away!

:smt003