News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help! Starter problems!

Started by RedMenace, November 26, 2003, 04:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: "RedMenace"Damn straight! Just where is " St.Leonards by the Sea"?

Ascension Island.

So anyway. As the photo is not much help.......is it?

RedMenace

Quote from: "Blacktiger"So anyway. As the photo is not much help.......is it?

no, this is my darlin'wife(she does have a cold nose;-):
The Red Menace

BigDave

So you fix that POS yet or what?

RedMenace

Quote from: "BigDave"So you fix that POS yet or what?

nope. barely looked at it at all for a week or more. Should have today as the temps finally crawled above freezing....
The Red Menace

Quote from: "RedMenace"
Quote from: "Blacktiger"So anyway. As the photo is not much help.......is it?

no, this is my darlin'wife(she does have a cold nose;-):

Ahh! An Emminem fan.

RedMenace

Quote from: "Blacktiger"Ahh! An Emminem fan.

Distance and isolation provide an imperfect defence in this modern age of travel, my friend.... :P
The Red Menace

BigDave

Quote from: "RedMenace"
Quote from: "BigDave"So you fix that POS yet or what?

nope. barely looked at it at all for a week or more. Should have today as the temps finally crawled above freezing....

Too bad for you.  I am off riding as of NOW.

RedMenace

I made some progress towards fixing the Tiger today. Unbolted the subframe and moved it forward so I can get at the ignition switch, wires and connectors below the dash. I also unplugged the high beam headlight relay. Presto everything works!. Plugged the relay in again, everything still works. Twisted the white wire at the burned connector (aft, near the alternator)back together-everything STILL works!

This suggests to me it is not a component failure but a short, most likely the white wire from the alternator pinched somewhere near the headstock. Too dark and cold in the garage to be enthusiastic about digging in much today(snowing AGAIN goddammit), but I am very hopeful...
The Red Menace

RedMenace

been picking apart my wiring harnes, in hopes of finding a wire or two to repair. Fuck me! They are almost all broken down in one place or another, mostly under layers of factory wrapping.  Looks like I will have to replace the entire wiring harness :(

Wonder how much a new wiring harness is? Wonder if they are even available for a 95?
The Red Menace

tenpaq

here i`m workin on my 3rd wife! i know, i know, i should know better! it`s the 1 with hand on my shoulder. all i need is a sidecar and some real heavy duty crashbars.......
\"If you can`t get hurt, skip it!\"

2004 Silver Tiger

RedMenace

called the dealer and priced a new harness $525! Can't do that right now sow unless someone knows where I can gert one for much less than that, I am taking it off the bike and seeing if I can patch it up sufficiently to have confidence in it.

Open to(helpful)suggestions
The Red Menace

tenpaq

i`m sorry for "hijackin" red, i thought someone said" who gat the most wives". ok, ok , i`m back to lurkin......
\"If you can`t get hurt, skip it!\"

2004 Silver Tiger

RedMenace

Quote from: "tenpaq"i`m sorry for "hijackin" red, i thought someone said" who gat the most wives". ok, ok , i`m back to lurkin......

Tbose are all your wives? YIKES! Must be some sorta renegade Morman enclave down there  in Florida. Sorta puts my wiring problems into perspective-you have my sympathy bro ;-)
The Red Menace

RedMenace

Well I got the ugly bitch yarded out of the bike.Ready to work on it(wish I had my ouiji board). Have I forgotten anything?
The Red Menace