News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger down

Started by WIDGIN, May 04, 2007, 04:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIDGIN

How about next Saturday 05/19?  

Anybody Georgia Tigers game for a ride from Roswell, TWO, etc.?  

I just found out that's a better day for me than Sunday this coming weekend.  Supposed to be sunny and high 70's.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

I can't that day, but y'all have fun.

I'll be in Hot Springs NC.

burntclutch

Quote from: "WIDGIN"How about next Saturday 05/19?  

Anybody Georgia Tigers game for a ride from Roswell, TWO, etc.?  

I just found out that's a better day for me than Sunday this coming weekend.  Supposed to be sunny and high 70's.

I think I can make it. Up to you if you wanna wait for a larger crowd. Check the ride reports..went up there Saturday and pasted pix

geoff

The photos that were posted of the bike damage were very interesting and showed very clear damage to the tank and fairing despite the bike having crash bars.

I am planning to get some crash bars for my 2006 Tiger and have been considering the bars available from Touratech and Thunderbike. The Thunderbike bars are more expensive and look a bit "agricultural" but would offer more protection because they are wider up by the tank. But how much protection do you need? I like the neat, compact, design of the Touratech bars but worried that they did not offer sufficient protection to the tank and fairing. It would seem that the Touratech style bars do a good job of protecting engine cases but offer little tank/fairing protection. I am now convinced to spend a little extra and get some Thunderbike bars so that my tank and fairing might have some extra protection.

WIDGIN

Perhaps with Thunderbike bars the tank would have been okay.  I'm not sure but I really don't like the looks of any bars except Touratech or Hepco-Becker.  I'm pretty convinced that the fairing would have been toast no matter whose bars were installed.  

Please install the Thunderbike bars and crash it for us.  Enquiring minds want to know  :roll:
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.