News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Greetings

Started by TT1050, May 07, 2007, 11:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TT1050

Newbie here. Picked up a scorch yellow 07 Saturday.  Fully equipped. Looks like we already missed out on one option which is a discontinued front fender guard.  Parts are trickiling in miles are racking up.  My last Triumph was a TT600 and my wife had a Moto Guzzi 750 Brevia. (POS) siezed at 4K miles.

SO for now to solve us both, she commutes (splits lanes like a wild woman) and I will use it for weekend work and all uses a bike like this should be used for.   Prior to the TT600 I had a Daytona 9551 and it is just so good to be back on a triple again.   We both always liked the Tiger but the new one was a slam dunk.

Name here is Kevin and I'm in So Cal.  4500 rpm celing and counting (sigh)  I'll post a pic or two soon.

DirtBiker

Cool, cool,

Nor cal here.

I'm heading your way in a few weeks

going for a quick run to Death valley

Toby

JRO

Let me see if I got this right...

You bought a new bike, and your wife rides it all week?
JRO

2006 Tiger

TT1050

JRO,

Yup, my commute is 6 miles each way.  Barely enough to bring the motor up to temp.  In fact I've often been seen riding the Aprilia 50cc Scrabeo scooter to work. Hers is 45 miles each way.  She shaves about 35 minutes each way and hates driving cage.  My father has my old Ducati ST4 and doesn't ride it much any more so we always can borrow that and both ride. No worries on my part.  But during the week usually it's just not worth it.