News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Started by Pickaxe, May 08, 2007, 05:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pickaxe

Hi,

Had a few problems joining the forum, but with a little help from Susquatch, I'm now up and running.

Purchased a new 06 Tiger on 1st May and now have 600 ish miles on the clock. It goes in for the first service tomorrow (9 May)and I hope to put a few more miles on, before taking it to Portugal on the 20th of this month.

The running in period has been relatively trouble free, if not a little frustrating. I've more or less tried to follow the factory procedure, whilst using the gearbox and allowing the motor to rev as freely as possible.

I've owned more bikes than I care to admit to, including a BMW 1200GS. I have to say, the Triumph compares vary favourably with the BM and unsurprisingly, is very similar to ride.

I look forward to communicating on the forum and will update on my experiences as the mileage increases.

Regards

Dave

TT1050

Hi,

I just joined yesterday, looks like about the best if not only Tiger Forum. Congrats, yes break in is a PITA.  I hope to get my first service done by early next week.

greg

Hi to you both. Break in as per the book, they then just keep getting stronger up to 6-8000 miles.

If you are going to the Algarve check out some routes around Monchique, bend after bend after bend. Pity you aren't going July, brilliant rally at Faro then.

Greg.
2004 Girly.

Stretch

Welcome aboard!

Shipping it to Portugal, or riding it to Portugal?

Either way, take lots of photos and post them here on our 'Ride Reports' page.  We'd love to hear all about it.

Happy Trails!

Pickaxe

Quote from: "Stretch"Welcome aboard!

Shipping it to Portugal, or riding it to Portugal?

Either way, take lots of photos and post them here on our 'Ride Reports' page.  We'd love to hear all about it.

Happy Trails!

Taking ferry from UK to N Spain (Santander) and then riding through Spain to Portugal. We're keeping to Central/Northern Portugal.

Dave

Stretch

Quote from: "Pickaxe"Hi,

Had a few problems joining the forum, but with a little help from Susquatch, I'm now up and running.

Dave

Glad you made it. You'll find that a lot of stuff is duplicated on the Triumphrat.net site. But there's always a slightly different flavour here.

PixMan

Welcome to you, from a native of Worcester.....Massachusetts, USA!

Enjoy the ride, matey.

Advwannabe

Welcome indeed Pickaxe,

I'm a bit jealous of the trip, well done.

There's been a few Tigger vs GS stories around, what are the most important things to you?

Cheers
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Pickaxe

Quote from: "Advwannabe"Welcome indeed Pickaxe,

I'm a bit jealous of the trip, well done.

There's been a few Tigger vs GS stories around, what are the most important things to you?

Cheers

I really liked my BMW 1200GS, however if I was really pressed I'd honestly say that the Tiger edges it.

I would say that engine wise there's probably not alot in it. They both produce similar power/torque and have character. I would say that the gearbox is significantly better on the BM and the difference in chain/shaft isn't significant.

In the handling department, the Tiger for me is superior. The bars on the BM often felt like a tiller and the front end could feel light and unpredictable. It took ages to get used to the riding position on the BM, whereas the Tiger feels more natural.

Aestheticlly, I prefer the BM. It looks strong and purposeful, whereas the Tiger at the front looks a bit limp and weak, albeit the reality is different.

One area where this is revesed however, is the luggage. The Triumphs design and looks is far more intergrated and simple. The expanding cases on the BM are ingenious but at full capacity, look and feel like a tank.

As I infered at the start, even if the cost of the two were the same, I'd come down in favour of the Triumph. IMHO, with the huge difference in price, there's no contest.