News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1050 Luggage Security

Started by ChrisN, May 30, 2007, 11:10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisN

Triumph's new luggage has always been one of the main turn-offs for me when it comes to considering trading up to the new 1050.

This could put the final nail in the coffin. click

I know any plastic box is never going to be highly secure but Triumph should have done a lot better than this. It'll be interesting to see how they react to this demonstration of their poor design.
Chris

Chris Canning

For the life of me, i can never understand why anyone would want to buy Triumph kit anyway,50 litre Givi top box(mines years old) and a decent tankbag,both my wife and i can get all we need in(hair dryer included) for two weeks on the road,side panniers are for those that haven't got packing sorted out yet!!!

600scoobs

What an absolute load of expensive shite how can these not be tested for theft before been marketed is beyond me ??

Id never buy Triumph branded luggage at all now the company should be shown up on watchdog or another national tv show.
Bikes are for riding all year not to polish on a sunday showing off to neighbours !

MARKC

What a crap design.

SiberianTig

Well, he was using the key wasn't he?

Agreed.  A recall of the boxes seems to be in order (there aren't that many on the street yet), but Triumph would have to pass the cost of a recall on to the consumer eventually.
N Wheeler

2003 Tigr

2005 Ural

bloaker

If I want what is inside a plastic box I will get it.  

Yes it is a poor design, but its just to stop a passerby.  If a theif wants you stuff, he is going to get it.

Two guys and a pickup, now they have you whole bike.   I guess they should recall those bikes too!

MARKC

Bloaker I see your point but at least they should be secure enough so that you would have to use a bit more force than a bit of a twist with a screw driver.

There is some talk on the Horizons Unlimited website about this. Now there is an instructional video on the net for any scrote to see it makes the cases even less secure.

bloaker

I agree that the video makes things worse - however I am thinking most theives would already have a good idea how to get what they want.  

I do store my laptop on my bike when I travel.  It would suck if it were stolen, however the bike is rarely out of my site and I take my bags off at a hotel.  I guess I think there are far bigger worries for me to concern myself with.

ChrisN

Lots more views on this subject from 1050 owners HERE
Chris

blacktiger

Quote from: "ChrisN"This could put the final nail in the coffin. click

Video appears to have been removed.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.