News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

"WANTED" another tiger in Oklahoma

Started by dougahole, June 07, 2007, 11:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougahole

Never mind! I settled for a V-strom. Maybe I'll spring for an 07 Tiger in a few months

speedjunkie

Did you scroll down the page some?  Tony A. has one near Wichita.  Don't know if it sold or not tho.  

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

dougahole

Quote from: "speedjunkie"Did you scroll down the page some?  Tony A. has one near Wichita.  Don't know if it sold or not tho.  

Mike

Tony's Tiger has a little more miles on it than I'm looking for. I'm willing to spend a little more money to get a little less mileage bike but if nothing pans out in the next week or so I might consider it. Thanks!

speedjunkie

\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

dougahole

Quote from: "speedjunkie"Find one yet?

Mike

Nothing local. A few long distance prospects but I hate to buy something sight unseen.  I'm still healing up from a foot surgury that keeps me from traveling too far for a Tiger . I did find an 04 locally for  $6000 but it had 30k on it and I really want a low mileage bike. I can get a new, left over 06 Suzuki DL1000 V-strom for $7300 or a used 06 with 1600 miles on it for $6500. I'm tempted, but after a test ride last weekend I'm still not  totaly sold on the V-strom just yet.

Doug, I replied to your email. Don't buy the Vstrom when you can get a tiger for close to the same price with almost 2 years left on the warranty.

Quote from: "dougahole"
Quote from: "speedjunkie"Find one yet?

Mike

Nothing local. A few long distance prospects but I hate to buy something sight unseen.  I'm still healing up from a foot surgury that keeps me from traveling too far for a Tiger . I did find an 04 locally for  $6000 but it had 30k on it and I really want a low mileage bike. I can get a new, left over 06 Suzuki DL1000 V-strom for $7300 or a used 06 with 1600 miles on it for $6500. I'm tempted, but after a test ride last weekend I'm still not  totaly sold on the V-strom just yet.

dougahole

Quote from: DirtysouthDoug, I replied to your email. Don't buy the Vstrom when you can get a tiger for close to the same price with almost 2 years left on the warranty.

Decisions? Decisions?  It would be a lot easier if your Tiger was sitting next to the V-strom for comparison and not  a 1000 miles away. I keep counting my $100 bills and adding another every week or so and at this rate I'll be able to buy a new Tiger by the end of riding season . I can't wait that long. I'm only going to last another week or two before I do something. I'm calm now, it's raining outside.

speedjunkie

I was just wondering.  I was considering putting mine up on the block(new bike fever), until yesterday.  Went to the local Trumpet shop.  Rode a new '07 Tiger, R3, and R3 tour.  The R3 tour was much better than the R3, but the Tiger had them hands down.  BUT, there isn't enough of a difference IMO between the '06 and '07 to justify the difference in price.  So, I think I'll but a little larger windscreen on and look for a better seat.  Good luck with your looking.  BTW, the local dealer has a left over '06 they might be willing to move on if you're interested.  

Mike
\'01 LC4 640E

\'06 Triumph Tiger

dougahole

Thanks Speedjunkie! I'll check it out .