News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I've got major Tiger problems

Started by Ratskin, December 09, 2003, 08:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratskin

Hi all i need some help!

My 97 Tiger has been off the road for about 3 months nows and i'm still no further down the line to fix it. It was at a bike shop for three weeks and they couldn't fix it - although they told me they had Triumph diag equip. Triumph tech help line couldn't help. And when i spoke to one Triumph dealer he said 'Good luck mate'.

So - It started with the bike cutting out after about 20 minutes riding. After standing still for approx. 2 minutes it would run again only to stop again in a shorter time. The running time grew closer.

I took it to a bike shop who, after 3 weeks said that it was running better but not fixed - i said i would take it back and went the next night to collect it  - only it wouldn't start. it back fired something terrible, i could tell it wouldn't start They delievered it to me the next day - they rode it to me, so it must have started. They said it runs very well when it dose run. When i turn it over now it back fires like the timing is out. So at the moment i can not even start it.

I did change the igniter pick up before i took it to the shop. And i dont think the bike shop really did any thing.

At first it was just the cutting out problem now it wont start. I must admit i dont have a great amount of time to look at it - but now i am really missing riding her.

Maybe this is not much to go on - so if anybody thinks they can help i with answer your question in more depth.

Early in the new year i may find that i have to get it into a triumph dearler and bear the cost involved - but until then.

Ratskin

Chris Canning

If you don't get any joy on this board try one of the Yahoo Tiger boards,re a certain Preston Kemp he's your man for steamers.

Chris

Personally, I'd get it to a TRIUMPH dealer. A proper one!! And get it diagnosed. Then decide if you want it repaired by them or if you can do it yourself. It could be something really silly or something REALLY expensive. BUT....you need to know which.

tenpaq

i have no suggestions other than the dealer, also.
\"If you can`t get hurt, skip it!\"

2004 Silver Tiger

RedMenace

have you made any changes to the intake tract? Have you checked your sparkplugs for color and condition?
The Red Menace

TigerTrax

Hey Menace..

It's a long shot...

But slip an e-mail to Baxter Cycle in Marne, IA. Those guys are pretty good.

I'd tell them your symptoms and what you've done.

Kevin or Pam will pick up your e-mail ... ask them to get it in Don's hands.

Good chance Don is there Sat morning.  mailto:bikes@baxtercycle.com">bikes@baxtercycle.com

tel:      712-781-2351

Good Luck.

PS  Could you have removed something and replaced it 180,àû out?

Crossed Coils wires?
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Ratskin

Thanks for the reply's youre input is appreicated. I will follow up on a couple of suggestions. But at the moment i'm looking at  a total of NO time to do anythying. I'll get back with an up date when i get going.

Cheers all