News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

N. GA Mountains 08/25?

Started by WIDGIN, August 20, 2007, 03:22:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIDGIN

Anybody interested in making a run to the mountains this coming Saturday morning 08/25?  Tigerrider, Stretch?  
I'm thinking of running up 60 past Suches to Old Dial Road and riding a few miles of mild dirt roads.  Could also enter Coopers Creek from the North side.  
Open to any other ideas. Only thing is, I need to be back in Roswell by 4 or 5pm.  :(
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

I'll be at the fire hall on Saturday (24 hours).  

Take lots of pics.

tigerrider

I was planning to make a weekend get-away this coming weekend....like to ANYWHERE 10 degrees cooler! :lol:

August 07..the hottest month on record here in GA.

Stretch

It was quite a bit cooler up there a couple weekends ago.  I was quite comfortable until we dropped back down into Dahlonega.

WIDGIN

That's one of the reasons I like to get up into the mountains early.  Then, you only sweat on the ride home.  :wink:
Stretch, sorry you have to work.  I promise not to start any brushfires. :P  
Tigerrider.  Does that mean you're interested, or are you flying to Manitoba or someplace in an attempt to find 10 degree cooler weather ?  :?
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

WIDGIN

Quote from: "Stretch"I hear Alaska's nice.
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/US ... earch_city

Damn, 41F is a little too cold for me!
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

It wasn't bad at all, really.

I wore a coolmax t-shirt, a sweatshirt, Gerbing electric jacket, and my TourMaster jacket with the Thinsulate liner.

For pants I wore lycra shorts (with no seams under the butt), running tights, and FirstGear overpants with Thinsulate liner.

Sidi OnRoad Sympatex boots with wool socks and coolmax sock liners.

Gerbing electric gloves, plugged in to the jacket.

We rode for hours like that and were comfy.

WIDGIN

What?  No electric socks ?  I sometimes have a problem keeping my toes warm, although I'm sure boots make a difference.  
However, I'm quite shocked that you didn't use an electric helmet heater.  :mrgreen:
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

Not needed.  I'm hot-headed enough as it is.

tigerrider

Yeah...41F sounds like heaven! I didn't move to the South for the weather after all. ;)

Sort of interested, yeah...as this heat wave continues....taking the GF to Ashville doesn't seem like the nice escape I wanted it to be. I am playing it by ear though...I'm having to come up with something to do with her to avoid the "We never go anywhere" treatment! I won't know till Friday if all measures have failed and I can get a pass.

WIDGIN

Tigerrider,

Being married for 18 years, I know the feeling well.  
Let me know.  I'm planning to head out early since my daughter is having a friend over and dad's are just "in the way" under the circumstances.

How about any other Atlanta Tiger rider's stepping up to the plate ? Don't be shy.
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

WIDGEN and I have been married for 18 years.

...but not to each other.  :mrgreen:

Perverts.

William Reber

North Ga. mountains...just happen to own a cabin there just off 384 five miles out of Helen. sleeps six, more if you care to bring a sleeping bag....well the point is if any one wishes to do the Ga triangle befor it gets too cold let me know and maybe we can get a ride in before the snow flys.