News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Turbo Tiger??

Started by kvo-tn1-2beat, August 27, 2007, 05:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kvo-tn1-2beat

C'mon. You know you'd like to do it. What do you think a project like that woudld cost? I know they make a kit to fit the 955i Sprint and Daytona. Any possability they would just bolt up to a Tiger?

That would be awesome to smoke a fella on an R1 with a dual sport!!!

Stretch

Quote from: "kvo-tn1-2beat"I know they make a kit to fit the 955i Sprint and Daytona. Any possability they would just bolt up to a Tiger?

That would be awesome to smoke a fella on an R1 with a dual sport!!!

I'm your huckleberry...

abruzzi

http://www.boostisgood.com/

Uh Oh, I hear the gears turning in Stretch's brain.  When you look at specs, remember that it's a 885i, not a 955i.

Geof

Stretch

140 HP!!!  Dude!!!  :twisted:

MUUAAAA HAHAHAHAHA!

kvo-tn1-2beat

I'm so there. I have enough parts in my garage to sell and buy a turbo kit!!!

Give me about 3 months and I'll be posting a ride report.

Stretch

kvo-tn1-2beat

Quote from: "Stretch"Can I borrow it?

This too, can be arranged.

Stretch

blacktiger

140bhp....kin'ell. It'll tie itself in knots. :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

kvo-tn1-2beat

Can anyone think of the best type of turbosetup to use on a tiger (i.e. what size turbo, what kind of ignition/timing mods etc)?

NortonCharlie

Team Triumph did a Turbo on a 99 Tiger for a guy named Lance, he was at the 1st mid west ride in in Osage Beach MO.  I believe he got about 160 bhp with high boost and super premium gas.  He said he had rear tire life problems for some unknown reason.

I am pretty sure Team Triumph did the work, at least they would know about it.  I think it took some work with a tuneboy to get the fuel mapping right.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando