News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tallish riders, any adjustments to be made?

Started by Nobiman, October 04, 2007, 10:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

Wow, a nicely-farkled low-mile bargain!

Nobiman

Quote from: "pit0rz"Just for comparison sakes...  I just picked up this '03 with 5K miles on it.  Came with a bunch of add ons.  Gel seat, Off Road pipe and tune, 3 piece luggage, Motolights, Cee Baileys screen.  $5000.  Found it on Craigslist.

Nice ride for sure, and much more in line with what a used low mile bike should cost. The guy I'm dealing with seems to think he's gonna get $5800 for a bike with 30,000 miles on it, I guess it will sit in his showroom for another 4 months or more. He listed it on Bike trader back in Aug and left the bikes mileage out of the discription, isnt that conveniant! So this bike most likely wont be added to the stable, but we are on the prowl (pun intended) for another Tiger and will pick one up when the right deal comes along.

Randy.
Bikes in the stable now:
\'07 525 EXC-
\'02 KTM LC4 640-  Motard bike.
\'01 KTM LC4 400- Wifes \'tard.
\'06 KLX 250 H6F- Wifes Dualsport
\'03 Honda VTX 1800 Torque Monster.
\'00 KX 500

AMA Member

Stretch

Check out Kvo-tn1-2beat's 2001 in "Bikes For Sale"...  $3800

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,3746

iansoady

Quote from: "Nobiman"It will probably need a clutch in the next few thousand miles, the handlebar adjuster only has about 3 threads left on it before it is bottomed out and I tried adjusting it but it made very little difference in clutch engagement when measured off of the bar. It does not slip under hard roll ons or clutch feathering with 2 on board.
I shouldn't worry about the clutch - the cable probably just needs adjusting at the bottom end to give you back the full range at the lever. I've not heard of anybody having problems with the injected bike - mine has only done 15,000 miles though.

TBH 30,000 isn't a particularly high mileage for these bikes.
Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650