News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

back wheel not true

Started by lihan, September 17, 2007, 03:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lihan

Hi guys,

after going on a breakfast run a week ago a guy told me that my wheel is not true and shows some movement.  :shock:

I had the wheel bearings replaced about a month ago so i doubt that it can be the cause and i have also check the wheel for movement. I tested a couple of spokes and it seems like some of the spokes lost its tension.

So what do you guy think can be the cause, some loose spokes or maybe a problem with the rim? cracks?  :shock:

O yes its a 2000 - 885 tgier

cheers

lihan

Stretch

Spokes can stretch over time, causing the tension to decrease.  Portions of the rim will then be pulled to the tight side.

Be careful about simply tightening spokes to true the wheel, as doing it without a truing stand can cause the wheel to be adjusted out-of-round (the hub no longer being at the exact center).