News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Retain your relays

Started by Onedownfiveup, September 19, 2007, 04:46:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onedownfiveup

I was coming home from work today and got on it a bit (okay, a lot!) as I was getting on highway 163 during rush hour. All of the sudden the ecu light comes on and the indicated rpms are all over the gauge. Actual rpms were low as the bike was dying. I clutched in and managed to get over to the dirt on the right side and found the rear relay was loose. I seated it and all was well again.

I need to make sure that relay doesn't come loose again. The engine stopping on Socal freeways is not a cool thing. I am thinking of lightly zip tieing the relays in place. Has anyone else had this problem and what did they do to fix it?
\'05 Lucifer, \'01 Stage 2 GP1200R,  \'96 WaveBlaster II, 2005 Viper SRT-10

blacktiger

What do you mean "rear relay"? Photo please. But no, never had a relay of any kind come loose in 47000 miles of abuse.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Onedownfiveup

QuoteWhat do you mean "rear relay"? Photo please. But no, never had a relay of any kind come loose in 47000 miles of abuse.

One of these guys....

RELAY, INDICATOR,2(4)X10W 12V
INDICATOR    5574831-001

Chit lukes lik dis mange...

Complete with my banjo looking zip tie. At least I know the thing won't pop out and stall me again.
\'05 Lucifer, \'01 Stage 2 GP1200R,  \'96 WaveBlaster II, 2005 Viper SRT-10

bahtiger

Because the rubber straps that hold those relays in place on my '04 deteriorated for some strange and inexplicable reason, I zip-tied my relays in place too.

Stretch

Done.

Tanks for the teep, mang.