News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

WTB: Sport Screen

Started by abruzzi, October 23, 2007, 05:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abruzzi

I'm in the market for a silver "sport screen" (i.e. the non-screen screen.)  I realized I prefer straight wind to the buffeting.  If I end up doing more really-f*cking-cold riding, I may also be in the market for a "as big as they come" screen.

Geof

FullMonte

You could just cut 3 inches off the stocker with a Dremel.  It saved some time and money.  Worked for me.

snakebasket

I made a "sport style" short screen from sheet aluminium, with the provision to heighten it using a laminar lip screen. Not works GP standard but good enough for everyday use and very effective, would post a picture but my attempts at attaching have always failed on this site (due to my IT inadequacies!). email me and I will attach jpegs .

Steve

abruzzi

Quote from: "FullMonte"You could just cut 3 inches off the stocker with a Dremel.  It saved some time and money.  Worked for me.

Yeah, no dremel tool or skill...I prefer to keep parts intact in the likely event that I screw something up.

Geof

TigerTrax

Hey Geof:
It's easy....

1. Remove windscreen.
2. Scribe your cutting line.. put a little arc on it.
3. Get a cutting device.
4. Get a stool.
5. Turn on the radio.
6. Grab a 'brewski' or 6.
7. Make your cut.
8. Install windscreen.
9. Stand back
10. and say, " Damn Nice Looking"
11. Pop another to celebrate!

That's kind of how you do it.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'