News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

DYI 12k Service- What do i need?

Started by Cos, October 27, 2007, 05:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cos

To be exact, a mate with Steamer's going to help me out since i have no garage

I've decided to do as much as i can on the Tigger before i send 'er in for her valve check...if we can without the tool, maybe even do the valves. So, what do i need?

Oil (i'd ask what you use, but then it'd be war)
Filter (Triumph's or other)
Plugs (decided to go to NGK Iridium...why not? Where's a good place to get'em?)
Shims? Where can i get those? My mate says he has shims for the steamah...are they the same?

Wot else?

blacktiger

Fork oil. You need to take the forks out and tip them upside down to let the old oil drain out. 10W is standard. Some use 15W to stiffen the fork action. I use a 1/3 10W & 2/3 15W mix with a reduced air gap.

Check the thickness of all the brake pads.

Other than that it's a pretty simple service.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Onedownfiveup

Besides Triumph, what oil filters are everyone using. I talked to a bro who used a Yamaha filter, but I never got the part number. What filters and part number are people using?
\'05 Lucifer, \'01 Stage 2 GP1200R,  \'96 WaveBlaster II, 2005 Viper SRT-10

swamper650

k  Here is the info I have................
  2.5 inch long filters
          Purolator  PL14612   Mobil M1-108  Bosch  3300
  3.5 inch filters
          Purolator PL14610    Mobil M1-110  Bosch 3323  Wal Mart Supertech ST7317
    The longer filter adds a bit of filtering capacity but does hang down a bit. The added benefit that is easier to get wrench on the filter. Have used the above for 23000 miles in Florida heat and Georgia/Tenn gap runs.
 Prices vary but run in the $3--$10 range.......also buy my mobil 1 4T at local outlets....
You don\'t quit riding because you get old...you get old when you quit riding

Onedownfiveup

Hey thanks Swamper. I used PureOne (purolator) filters in my Toyota Taco with no problems for 200K. Looks like they will work for me.
\'05 Lucifer, \'01 Stage 2 GP1200R,  \'96 WaveBlaster II, 2005 Viper SRT-10