News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2007 / 2008 Tiger

Started by Deveau, October 30, 2007, 11:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deveau

I'm considering buying a new Tiger. I live in Atlantic Canada where there is only one dealer. I'm just wondering how the new Tiger is doing, if there are any major problems or flaws with the new model. I know that it's no longer a dirt worthy bike and I understand that. I would appreciate feedback. Thanks.

abruzzi

Quote from: "Deveau"I'm considering buying a new Tiger. I live in Atlantic Canada where there is only one dealer. I'm just wondering how the new Tiger is doing, if there are any major problems or flaws with the new model. I know that it's no longer a dirt worthy bike and I understand that. I would appreciate feedback. Thanks.

From what I've read, a few people have experiences higher than usual oil loss/consumption, but it's a few very isolated cases.  Beyond that I've heard nothing by good things (except the lack or 19" front wheel.)

Geof

Stretch

Yeah, in the past year the bike has been available, there has been one guy (Sean something on TriumphRat) with oil consumption issues.

Another guy I know sold his '07 because he didn't like the lack of wind protection, but he's also one of those guys who buys a bike every couple of years regardless.  Hell, he was the previous owner of my '05, and only had it a year.

Check out the 1050 Tiger forum at www.tiger1050.com .  Be sure to buy some stickers!  :mrgreen:

Deveau

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate it.