News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Voltage Fix - 955 Tigers .......better known as the SASQUATCH MOD

Started by Sasquatch, November 10, 2007, 10:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravity Tester

Thanks Ive Done the Mod more curios if it goes out as 2 red wires how are they being backfed to the reset of the bike since its all been bypassed. I m a little nervous right now. On board meter is showing 14.8/14.9 just hope I'm not baking the Battery.

atokad

The 2 reds out are spliced/soldered/connected into one red that goes to the battery +terminal.  Same for the blacks.

Tiger-G

Hi  :icon_biggrin:

I was having electrical problems with my 2006 '955, with a duff battery after only 2 years of having it fitted. Checking the voltages out, I was only getting about 13 volts throughout the rev range.

I bought a Shindengen SH847 rectifier in the hope it would solve all my problems. I fitted it through the Triumph "link lead" through the bike's original wiring. I had an improvement in voltage, getting about 13.8 volts throughout the rev range.

However, I really wanted to up in the 14 volts, so I did the "Sasquatch Mod" wiring the rectifier directly through the battery via some 10AWG wire and a maxi fuse and holder. My voltage is now a steady 14.3V throughout the rev range. I was expecting / hoping for a bit more, but maybe that's down to having the original stator in ??

So I've gone from 13V to 14.3V. I'm happy with the Sasquatch Mod, so a big thanks everyone on this thread. I couldn't have done it without reading all the info on how and why to do it - cheers  :icon_salut:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

veedub1955

Just done the mod and very happy to report 14.6 volts on idle where it was 12.8 thanks very much sasquatch

Chris Canning

Their are other threads on here mentioning such,anyone reading this and also in the future needing a new RR it is now possible to by such with the mod built in.

wimj

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 31, 2019, 09:05:37 AM
a new RR it is now possible to by such with the mod built in.

Would you have a partname/number or link to such a RR? Or is it the Electrex RR881? Thanks, Wim.
Riding Any Road

Reubs

Bixxer Bob

Unfortunately not Reubs.  The pics were lost many moons ago during a server crash. 

For info,  Electrexworld now do a RR with this mod already built in.  We were way ahead of our time......
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ghulst

Quote from: Putts255 on March 31, 2015, 08:38:24 PM
I may have saved the original post as a Word or PDF document a couple years ago.  I will check my home computer when I get home and try and upload it. 

Cheers! 

Here is the pdf, actually had it on my work computer.... :icon_eek:

If the pdf does not show as an attachement send me a personal message with your email and I will forward it to you. 

Paul
If you find this post, which is #167, you will find a PDF there with all the pictures in there. ;)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Flapalo