News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear Brake Pads

Started by SETiger, November 12, 2007, 05:41:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SETiger

Going over the bike yesterday I noticed my rear brake pads are just about gone. 06 Tiger with about 6500 miles on the clock. Fronts look okay, probably about halfway gone.

I ride fairly aggressively and brake pretty hard setting up for corners. Didn't think I use that much rear brake, but who knows.

Does this pad wear sound about normal?

Thanks

CvPiper

That can be normal. I tend to use a fair amount of rear brake on my Tiger. Also bear in mind that the rear pads get constantly showered in grime and stuff from the road, this paste does grind the pads down quickly on the rear.
2005 Tiger 955i, Lucifer Orange
3 Box Luggage
Rider and Pillion Gel Seats
Touring Screen
TOR Can
Scottoiller
Autocom (Work in Progress)

Tama's Tigre

I find that because the front suspension on my 06 is so squishy, I tend to use the back brake a bit heavy to keep the front end from drastically dipping.  I just took my bike in for a new rear tire at 7,500 miles, and the back brake pads were over 60% worn.  I'm going to try to lay off the back brake a bit.