News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My first Tigger!

Started by wobbly, November 24, 2007, 06:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wobbly

Hi guys,hope this will do by way of an introduction  :D  Was a member on the old site when i was looking to buy a 955i,trying to suss out the best deals and points to look for,just found this site today.
News first...got a 2001 Tiger 955i today,orange/black with FTSH from London (picking it up on wednesday...can't wait!) so i feel a proper part of the forum now. Bit about me...42,had triumphs for years,brief spell with harleys etc but now returned to the fold. Love touring the UK,europe,scandanavia,north africa etc and working on bikes.
Hello to you all,hope to see some of you on my travels and speak to the rest of you on here.
All the best,ride safe... Wobbly.
2001 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange

alf885

Collected my black 955i just last week and I'm hugely impressed so far. The torque of the motor really suits my riding style, it's such an easy bike to ride. I have a 96 S3 as well and it's a bit of a handful at times. At 48 my knees need a little comfort on longer rides now and the big Tiger fits the bill perfectly. I can't get used to the "clutch in" before starting just yet but it's early days. Looking forward to some sunnier/warmer weather in the new year. alf

Jacqueslemac

Welcome. There must be a lot about in the UK, but I hardly see any in this neck of the woods.

Stretch

Howdy, Alf.  Welcome aboard.

Welcome back, Wobbly.  Hope you like what we've done with the place.  :mrgreen:

The site has been a going concern for over four years now, with the new incarnation beginning just this past summer.  We have all the old topics and information from the old Triumph-Tiger dot com site (thanks to Sasquatch and Big Dave).  TigerTriple Site Owner / Web Guru Abruzzi has done a bang-up job making the transition from one site to the other quite seamless.

TigerTrax

Hey Wobbly..  Nice to have you in the fold....

now if you teach that cat to swim ......... you can come see US !
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

wobbly

Thanks guys...glad to be back  8)

wobbly

How i've missed that triple roar! Love this bike and can't get enough of it, even tho' we're into december i'm riding daily! Got me a scottoiler from the dealer,optimate lead for t'battery,topbox n panniers from fleabay and i'm sussing out some touratech stuff, crashbars etc, to complete me bike.
Did i mention i loved it? Oh yeah....i probably did :D