News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Steamer Pre-Emptive Brake Thread

Started by JetdocX, May 07, 2008, 06:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JetdocX

Well?  Any aftermarket available to us?  

I'd like a sweet wave rotor and some galfer greens for the front of mine this winter.  Anyone?  Nissin brakes?  Gotta be an aftermarket, right?
From parts unknown.

Mustang

ebc makes rootors for steamers
as well as berringer  (big bucks nice brakes )
ebc #'s are  fronts MD644ls
                             MD644rs
rear ebc is md645
found the fronts here $200 each
http://www.wheelsmotorsports.com/Streetbike/Brake/Ebc_Pads_And_Rotors.htm
You prolly are not going to find wave rotors for a steamer .
OEM's at bike Bandit or the dealer will set you back 3 bills each ! ouch !

MontanaBBQ

Jetdocx,

Check with Ed at cyclebrakes.com

I dealt with him (based on your recommendation) earlier this year.  I bought a pair of Galfer wave rotors for the front of my '98 - part #DF005W - $189 ea.  I went with FF112HH sintered pads on the front, and FD117HH for the rear.  Be sure to double check these P/N's with Ed before ordering!  I believe the green pads are an option instead of the sintered HH pads.   At the time they had a promo where I got custom Galfer brake lines at no charge with the rotor purchase.  Also bought a clutch line at the same time.  Stock rear rotor is good enough for now.

Honestly, I haven't had a chance to install the pads/rotors yet - bought a new Scrambler last month :-).  I put the lines on right off and they work great.  Thanks for your help with the line measurements.  I'll give an update on the pads/rotors one of these days...

Thanks,
Doug B.
Billings, Montana, USA

JetdocX

Wow!  A Steamer with wave rotors?  Nice!   :D  Pics, please?

Thanks for the info.

Did the brake hose measurements work alright for you?  Have you installed the new brake hoses?
From parts unknown.

MontanaBBQ

Yes, the hose measurements were great.  Install was no problem - a mityvac pump sure makes bleeding the new hoses easy :-)

I'll figure out how to post up a picture of the rotors once I get them installed.

Thanks,

Doug B.
Billings, Montana, USA