News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Time for some new tyres

Started by tcbezza, December 22, 2007, 05:41:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tcbezza

Time for some new tyres on my Girly, after 12000 miles on this set the rear has developed a flap spot that is starting to get too noticeable for my liking, especially on the slimy roads  around here at the moment.
My current set of  Tourance boots have been good and I was thinking of replacing with the same until I looked at the Metzeler web site and noticed they now have a new version called the Tourance EXP. They seem to be more road focused which would not be a problem as 95% of my riding is on surfaced roads.

Has anybody tried the Tourance EXP tyres on a tiger ? Are they worth considering ?

Thanks and Happy Holidays
Trevor

800 Tiger Road
79 Guzzi V50
72 BSA A65
56 BSA B33

Stretch

The Tournce EXP is replacing the Tourance, so if you want a set of the older-style Tourances, you'd better jump on 'em before they're gone.

swamper650

Yikes  no more Tourances?  I have 12k on my second set and they have another 4 lef tin them. I do like their 80/20  road-dirt bias.  Looks like  a searching I will go come replacement time.
You don\'t quit riding because you get old...you get old when you quit riding

FullMonte

Quote from: "tcbezza"Has anybody tried the Tourance EXP tyres on a tiger ? Are they worth considering ?

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Yes,  they're worth considering.  They handle like a sport tire without the inherent rear end squirm typical of most other adv tires.  Can't comment on mileage because other riders get twice/thrice what I do.

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "swamper650"Yikes  no more Tourances?  I have 12k on my second set and they have another 4 lef tin them. I do like their 80/20  road-dirt bias.  Looks like  a searching I will go come replacement time.

How do you guys do it?  my last Anakee rear only did 6.5k.  Are American miles much shorter that UK miles?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

JetdocX

Are we talking about statute, nautical, or imperial miles? :?   Or metric miles?  Or Scottish miles?

Wikipedia rules!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mile
From parts unknown.

pit0rz

I KNEW there must be a catch!  My OEM Tourance is shot shot shot @ 6K US miles...
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci