News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly sprockets

Started by JayDub, August 30, 2015, 12:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

OOh, feels strange in this department... I searched for some info re a 2000 Girly  :icon_study: and decided the stock sprockets are 18/48, chain is 530/114 link, but is the front sprocket nut 36mm as on the steamer?

John Stenhouse

No idea, it's big and has a tab washer, Ill go and look
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

John Stenhouse

According to my cheap and cheerful Aldi calipers it's 37mm. It read 42 at first then I realised I had it on the tab washer. DOH!

John Stenhouse

Did you know there are FIVE screws holding the sprocket cover on, Why? If the chain breaks the plastic cover isn't going to last a second so why try and hold it on with 5, yes that's FIVE screws

JayDub

Quote from: John Stenhouse on August 30, 2015, 02:54:31 PM
Did you know there are FIVE screws holding the sprocket cover on, Why? If the chain breaks the plastic cover isn't going to last a second so why try and hold it on with 5, yes that's FIVE screws
But its a Triumph John... since when did logic come into it  :icon_biggrin:

and bearing that in mind, did they change the nut size for the Girly? by 1mm, if so I'll file it down coz I'm not paying another 13 quid to halfrauds  :nono  :pottytrain2

PeteH

Got a socket for my 99 girly if you need one...
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

JayDub

Quote from: PeteH on September 01, 2015, 01:25:28 AM
Thanks Pete, its for Peter (who was with me for the Wales trip), he's finished off his C&S with a trip to Milan so I'm researching to replace them for him... he'll probably get the full kit from fleabay - good of you to offer mate.  :thumbsup

JayDub

Quote from: PeteH on September 01, 2015, 01:25:28 AM
Ha! sorry Pete, I just realised that I read that as 'sprocket'

Is it a 37mm socket?

John Stenhouse

Jay if it fits a 99 Girly the answer to that would be YES!!!! :icon_rolleyes:

JayDub

I have just one thing to say to you Mr Stenhouse... Aldi vernier  :augie

John Stenhouse

You mean after all that faff it's 36?

JayDub

Still don't know for sure John, I imagine it would be a 36mm but your Aldi (acurate to within +/- 2mm) vernier says 37mm  :icon_biggrin:
And I think I've upset PeteH coz he won't tell me how big his tool is now. :augie

John Stenhouse

Jeez disassemble half the bike and he doesn't believe me now  :^_^

JayDub

Much appreciated mate! Of course I believe YOU... just not yer vernier - I had one too  :augie