News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

GEAR INDICATOR

Started by bretzg, January 02, 2008, 02:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bretzg

Has anyone with a 955i found a gear indicator that is easy to fit and works well?
gary b

aeronca

tiger's have fixed gear, no indicator needed. but i could probebly get you one out of an md-80 :D
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Stretch

blacktiger

My gear indicator came with the bike. It's the speedo and the rev counter.
I suspect you think you need an indicator because you're constantly trying to find 7th gear.
1st, fit a 19T front sprocket which reduces the buzzyness in top. Then learn what speeds you're doing at every 1000 revs. It'll be 2000=35, 3000=50, 4000=65, 5000=80, 6000=95 etc
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Tigercat

I've got one of these on my '06.  Only complaint is it is not instantenous, lags a bit while computing rpm to wheel speed.  Is nice for ensuring you are in the gear you think you want for corner exits.  Here's a link

http://www.indysuperbike.com/customer/p ... 508&page=1

Cheers, 8)

blacktiger

Quote from: "Tigercat"Is nice for ensuring you are in the gear you think you want for corner exits.  

You get time to look down at a gear indicator mid corner?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.