News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

This is NOT politically correct, but....

Started by wasions, January 02, 2008, 02:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasions

I received the latest TRIUMPH (magazine - winter 2007) a week or so ago.  It's, uhm, gay.  The ads, I mean.  Come on.  Do you need Men's Cosmetics pretty bad?  And I don't know what BOSS or Paul Smith sells, but I don't think I want any.  It's like they're trying WAY too hard not to be confused with HD.  I hope it's not a matter of time before Triumph riders are mis-labeled.  (Miss-labeled?)
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Bruincounselor

I agree that the focus of the free magazine seems to be off. I recall the first issue had a contest for a free trip to (drum roll)...

wait for it....

a roadless island

WTF - a bike magazine/company giving away a free trip to NOT RIDE?

Really?

At least I don't pay for it.
Bruin\'

blacktiger

HUGO BOSS is a posh fashion house. The clue was in the photo i.e. a couple of people dressed in dodgy clothes with out of control hair styles.
Paul Smith is an artist/designer and did some designs on the Bonnie a couple of years ago for a special edition.

Still don't want any? It doesn't do my impression of you any good at all to dismiss something out of hand that you appear to know nothing about.

Anyway, it might not be what we really want from a Triumph magazine but it's free isn't it?
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

TigerTrax

In My Deepest Voice ...

' Hey there men.... want to ride out and  eat some dead cow and slam down a few brewskis? Bring yer guns..... we may want to shoot rats !

( a small voice says)
according to the magazine we need to primp our hair and add some blush
to our cheeks before we go. Don't forget a brush when ..... )  

Bang!
( Deep Voice )
Let's ride!
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

bjorn toulouse

Quote from: "blacktiger"HUGO BOSS is a posh fashion house. The clue was in the photo i.e. a couple of people dressed in dodgy clothes with out of control hair styles.
Paul Smith is an artist/designer and did some designs on the Bonnie a couple of years ago for a special edition.

Still don't want any? It doesn't do my impression of you any good at all to dismiss something out of hand that you appear to know nothing about.

Anyway, it might not be what we really want from a Triumph magazine but it's free isn't it?

Dood, you mustn't get your knickers all in a knot.
The fact of the matter is that some of the ads in the mag are a bit out of place for the USA audience.
Being an Old Geezer, and set in my ways, I'm not particularly concerned  about my wrist getting limp. I do worry about the younger, more impressionable riders, though.
  :mrgreen:

Rex
In Dog We Truck
When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro!

wasions

Quote from: "bjorn toulouse"Being an Old Geezer, and set in my ways, I'm not particularly concerned  about my wrist getting limp.
Rex

Right you are, Rex, and dittos.  My biggest concern, I guess, is that Triumph itself will develop an undesirable (at least, to me) reputation.  I don't consider myself particularly threatened by those who think it's in my best interest to ride what they ride (my last bike was a mega-scooter), but I also don't want to be hit on by limp-wristed types just because of the brand I choose to ride.
Steve

Gear up!

<*}}}><

\'06 Tiger, \'99 DR350

Chris Canning

Free or not in it's present style it's crap.

Stretch

Quote from: "blacktiger"It doesn't do my impression of you any good at all to dismiss something out of hand that you appear to know nothing about.

I don't have to recognize fashion designers and other poofters to know they don't belong in a motorcycle magazine.

blacktiger

Quote from: "bjorn toulouse"
Quote from: "blacktiger"HUGO BOSS is a posh fashion house. The clue was in the photo i.e. a couple of people dressed in dodgy clothes with out of control hair styles.

Dood, you mustn't get your knickers all in a knot.
The fact of the matter is that some of the ads in the mag are a bit out of place for the USA audience.
Being an Old Geezer, and set in my ways, I'm not particularly concerned  about my wrist getting limp. I do worry about the younger, more impressionable riders, though.
  :mrgreen:

Rex

It's like kids, with food, when they say "I don't like that" and they haven't even tried it.
I suppose, in Europe, we've got used to this sort of advertising. It seems it's a bit too much for the red necks over the pond.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

JetdocX

I don't know any metros who ride Triumphs.  Well, then there's that Cos clown.... :lol:

Just kidding, Cos.  Don't beat me up, OK?
From parts unknown.