News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Trips planned for 2008

Started by Jacqueslemac, January 02, 2008, 12:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacqueslemac

Now that Christmas and the New Year celebrations are behind us, thoughts inevitably turn to this year's holidays.

So, where are you thinking about going? I'll be off to Normandy again several times to mow the lawn etc, but I may even manage a week-long camping trip further afield - southern France or northern Scotland perhaps.

How about you?

Stretch

I'd like to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway this year, slabbing up to northern Virginia, then riding south the full length of Skyline Drive and the Parkway.

http://www.blueridgeparkway.org/

Mustang

I'm thinking ....................................

Trans Labrador Highway to Happy Valley Goose Bay.
Lived there in the early 70's when dad was in the Air Farce . The road wasn't there then though .
Wife doesn't care to go along :(  , any takers for a riding buddy  to the Goose ? If not I'll probably go alone , won't be my first solo adventure . :shock:

paulie

this is a timely post! over new years pints, a couple fellow riders and i hatched a plan to take a trip from here in Wisconsin to the west coast, visiting friends in both Portland, OR and Seattle, WA, with some stops along the way for sight-seeing and good food.

i have family that have gone from Wisconsin to the west coast on just about every road possible, so I've racked up quite a few tips on places to stop and eat, things to see, etc...

logistics or routes still haven't been planned, but we tentatively decided to meet in a week or so to start planning the details. rest assured that we'll be camping as much as possible if i have anything to say!

can't wait for this one! it'll be my first long tour EVER. I'm planning on doing weekend camping excursions with my girlfriend to sort of warm up to it. :)

and yes, i'll take lots of pics!
Current Bike: 2005 Tiger in Silver.
Former Bike (also my first): 1980 KZ650

CBAT

A ride up to Colorado isn't out of the realm of possibilty. I could use my sister's place in CO Springs as a base of operations. Hmmmm.........
Bruce

HappyMan

I will take three of my kids on their own special trips this year.  

The Brickyard for Moto GP
The Green-bay Packer Hall of Fame
Fort Ridgley

The entire family will be heading out to Glacier this year.  Mom pulling the camper with three of the kids and I will take one of the three that can ride with me on the Tiger.  The kids will swap out during the trip enjoying some one on one time with dad with mom piping in on the two-way.  :wink:

I look forward to the time when "mom" can ride her own again.  Three bikes and all six of us will hit the road.  Just a few more years for the oldest to be street legal! :mrgreen:
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

Jacqueslemac

I couldn't wait until the Summer to try out my new tent so I've signed up for a weekend camping in the English Lake District at the beginning of February with some GS riders. There may be snow!

Anyone fancy joining me so I'm not the only Tiger rider there?

HappyMan

I'd love to ride in the Lake District!  Absolutely magnificent scenery.  [/img]
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

ThreePutt

I've got 3 trips planned this year.

1) Blue Ridge Rendezvous in Maggie Valley, NC
2) BMWST UnRally in John Day, OR (should be a 3 week adventure)
3) Torrey, UT in the Fall.

I can't wait. I'm spending the Winter months planning :)
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

Bear

Quote from: "Chyron"I can't wait. I'm spending the Winter months planning :)
I can't wait. I'm spending the Summer months planning my Winter ride, a little 5.5k ride round my home state, i'll do a google map soon.
2006 Black Tiger
Street Triple (Minister for War & Finance)
DZR 250 K6 (Kids)
KTM 600
TT600
XT250
KT120

Two things are infinite : the universe and human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.