News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

trip up north (East)

Started by wvmike, January 03, 2008, 09:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmike

Kay and I are planning a trip up thru Labrador this year.Planning around leaving the third week in August and being on the road 30 to 35 days.I will be taking the Tiger and Kay will be on her 650 strom.Both are set up for rough roads.We will be leaving WV and traveling up thru central Pa to NY.From there over and up into Maine.Soooo......who has experience traveling up thru Labrador and can offer some traveling advice?We would like to go along the coast,she wants to see the little fishing towns and ports,then move inland.Does anyone know of any good remote inland routes?Any and all advice is welcome.Thanks in advance

Mike
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

Mustang

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217444&highlight=wisconsin+labrador
this is a trip report from 1 of the inmates over at ADVRIDER.com
good reading should get you primed for planning a trip to Labrador

I am going to try a run to Goose Bay this coming summer on the trans lab  hiway.
I used to Live in goose bay in the 70's when my dad was in the Air Force , there is not alot of infastructure for roads to get into all the little fishing villages along the coast , ferrys are the means of travel , your best bet for the coast would be to hit goose bay and then see what you can see from riding out of the Goose area !
Keep me posted as I am trying to talk the wife into going with her Tiger also .
c-ya****mustang

pit0rz

Last time I went up thar it rained 11 of the 12 riding days.  Maine along the coast is nice but the traffic from Portsmouth to Bar Harbor was brutal.  Pouring rain and brutal traffic.  We took the ferry over to Yarmouth and rode all over Nova Scotia (in the pouring rain).  From there we traversed up through Prince Edward island, into New Brunswick.  The remote areas of New Brunswick were beautiful, even in the pouring rain.  Running the '84 FJ flat out along those desolate stretches of highway, fully loaded with camping gear etc, was just awesome, even in the pouring rain.  On through St. Stephens and back into Maine, Acadia National Park, incredible.  Even in the pouring rain.  We didn't get up as far as Labrador but I think you are in for an incredible journey.
Steve P.
'03 Tiger - Luci

Stretch

Sounds sweet!

We'll need a good trip report, naturally.  Take lots of pics and keep notes.