News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

FINALLY GOT MY FIRST RIDE!!!!

Started by HappyMan, January 09, 2008, 12:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyMan

It was above freezing today so I did my best to get out of the office early to try to get out while the roads were somewhat dry.  Unfortunately the sun was going down and the temps plummeting quickly.  It had dropped to 30 degrees by the time I got home and much of the melted snow from the day had turned to ice but my mind had already been made up to go for a ride so I threw my overpants on top of my dress pants, grabbed my heated vest and through over my coat and hit the road.  In my hurry to get out before dark I did not take my camera!!!  :shock:

What a beautiful bike to ride.  I was amazed at how familiar the bike felt as though I'd ridden it all my life.  Very well balanced.  The bike feels remarkably light and easy to throw around for something this big.

No problem with the stock windshield for me but I'm still replacing it with the Vario.  Definitely could use the mirror wideners.  The power delivery is beautiful and I kept the front end down most of the time.....

I loved the seating position as I like a tall bike.  The stock seat was not bad though my injured tail bone will probably require another Sargent seat as it fits me perfectly on my Beemer.

What a smooth bike and quite quiet at highway speeds.  Not that you can hear over the wind but even dropping my head down to the tank revealed that it was really quiet at speeds.  

Fortunately and unfortunately I dressed light.  The sun was going down quickly and if I had dressed warmer I might still be out there unable to see the ice on the road.... :?

I can see that this bike is going to be perfect for me.  Everything I'd been looking for in a bike.  A great compromise between my RT and my dirt bikes.  I'm sure grateful to the many of you on this forum that helped me make the decision to buy the Tiger!  Next time I get out I'll take some photos.  I love pictures of bikes in the snow. :D
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

ridin gaijin

All right! Usher in the new year with a growl and a few leaps forward. Here's to the many more satisfying rides to come--!
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...

wvmike

Greeeaaaaaat!! Sounds like a super ride.Always nice to get out,even if it's just for a short jaunt.Does the soul good.

Mike
You can\'t shake hands with a fist
01 tiger 955i
05 klr
08 KTM 990 S
what could possibly go wrong?

HappyMan

I've always enjoyed winter rides but this one was extremely special since I've been waiting for quite some time to get my first ride.  It's not the first time I purchased a bike with out riding it first but usually I'm riding it out of the dealership and not waiting almost a month.  On the bright side I've been enjoying tearing the bike down and modifying it before riding.  Sometimes the journey is just as much fun as getting there if you know what I mean.

Mustang

And how long did it take you today to clean off the road grime and sand and salt ?
 :cry:
Fun though wasn't it ? :lol:

HappyMan

I cleaned it up right away that night.  It really wasn't too bad.  Salt on the rims and frame but it had already frozen up so I didn't hit any slop.  It was well worth the effort.  Snow all over the roads again today so it will be a while before I get out again.  I'm going to send in my seat to Sargent now while I can't ride.

Advwannabe

All I can say is that you are a patient man Happy.

Enjoy your ride
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

HappyMan

Quote from: "Advwannabe"All I can say is that you are a patient man Happy.

Enjoy your ride

My wife says to tell you that I was not that patient...... :roll:

Advwannabe

My wife says to tell you that I was not that patient......

Well you just tell her that every man is entitled to a tantrum or two when he can't play with his new toy.

Just don't use my name, o.k?
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

McGuiver

I too got the first ride on mine yesterday! I only went 4 miles, (the roads were dry, but covered in salty sandy crap). I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!! I don't know if it was a good idea, as now I'm really chompin at the bit, so to speak. :lol:
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

2005 GasGas 450 FSE

HappyMan

Quote from: "McGuiver"I too got the first ride on mine yesterday! I only went 4 miles, (the roads were dry, but covered in salty sandy crap). I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!! I don't know if it was a good idea, as now I'm really chompin at the bit, so to speak. :lol:

I know what you mean.  I was a little concerned to send the seat in but it's now or never.  It helped that it snowed in my neck of MN yesterday.

ridin gaijin

Quote from: "McGuiver"I too got the first ride on mine yesterday! I only went 4 miles, (the roads were dry, but covered in salty sandy crap). I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!! I don't know if it was a good idea, as now I'm really chompin at the bit, so to speak. :lol:

Look at it this way: now you've gained a reason to obsessively clean it. It's all good!
2005 Tiger in Lucifurry Orange. Always something new it seems...