News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Whats best? sintered on regular pads?

Started by MadridTiger, January 16, 2008, 10:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadridTiger

Hi fellas, I´m a newbie in these here parts, just wondering if anyone has any experience of sintered brake pads, as opposed to normal (organic )pads. after 8000 odd kms my rear pads are very worn. Also if anyone has a spare manual or can give me the proceedure to change them I´d really appreciate it 8) is the speed wrench manual any good? I need to buy one but don´t know which.
Cheers/Slainte!
MadridTiger[size=84]The IRISH Cat[/size]
´07 955i in black,

blacktiger

Organic pads are DANGEROUS. I put some EBC Organic pads in a BMW I had a while back and went to the Alps. They faded so badly, when I was enjoying myself, that I was VERY grateful that I was on a big twin with lots of engine braking. Bloody frightening when you're bearing down on the next hairpin with the lever back to the bars! It was like riding back min the 1970s before sintered pads had been invented. I changed them as soon as I got home.
Also, they don't work in the wet because they don't cut through the film of water. Also frightening.

The idea of the sintered pads is that they have little bits of copper poking out proud of the other pad material which does cut through the water film and allows the pad to bite.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Stretch

Concur with BlackTiger.

I had a bit of trouble with a local shop here once... they ordered organic pads instead of the sintered metallic ones I wanted.  No problem, I thought.

Hell.

I couldn't believe the difference.  I immediately insisted they order me a set of sintered pads again.

Being able to go is good, but it's much more important to be able to stop.