News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger vs. Volvo S-60

Started by kev187, September 11, 2007, 02:20:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

Glad to see you are back in business with no lasting damage to you or the bike. It looks like new.
These Tigers are good :D
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Mudhen

NICE!

Better than new...
\'96 Steamer

noivson

Good to have the Tiger back on the road. People have made negative comments about my Ma's bars...but it's the internet. Their still crazy.
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

Digger3

I have a set of Hepco-Becker crashbars and they attach at the upper engine bolts and then have a "bridge" bar to attach the bars to each other across the front.  Since the Tiger's engine is a stressed member of the frame, there isn't a lower frame to attach to.

Question I have is where the lower plate shown in the pictures of the Ma's bars attach.  Oil pan bolts?  If so, out of all of the multitudes of "incidents" reported by Tiger owners using these bars, has anyone had damage to the engine case? :?:
Rage Against Age

blacktiger

Quote from: "Digger3"Question I have is where the lower plate shown in the pictures of the Ma's bars attach.  Oil pan bolts?  

There are some redundant threaded holes in the lower engine cases. I don't know about the Ma's but my Touratech bars do attach to these holes via a bracket and a rubber isolating bush. I've put my bike down a couple of times and nothing has broken.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

NebraskaRat

KEV187,  who is the supplier for the custom seats on you Tiger in the post crash pictures?

HappyMan

Quote from: "NebraskaRat"KEV187,  who is the supplier for the custom seats on you Tiger in the post crash pictures?

In case he doesn't answer I believe it's a Sargent.
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

kev187

Hey Guys...

I have not logged on in a short bit.  yes, the seat is from Sargent.  I sent the stock seat pan to them & 6 weeks later I got that seat.  Its amazing, their work & helpfulness during the job was amazing.  Basically you sit the bike upright, put some tape on the seat to draw a line using a level, then from three tell them how you want it shaped.  It took a bit to break in, but man its a nice seat!

The Ma's bars bolt into a couple holes already threaded in the bottom of the motor, super easy job, just use a jack to hold the engine steady when you pull out the engine bolts on top...

IN OTHER NEWS!

My tiger was home, shortly, its been in the shop 6 times now with various electrical problems since the accident, just wont run right... now as of this past week, the insurance company of the guy who hit me is totally the bike & will not go any further with the repairs.  I love my bike, its been so damn good to me & now to no fault of my own, its being totaled out & I now have to start shopping for a new motorcycle.

I am totally heart broken over this, 2 years, 15,000 miles of good rides & trips... fucking cager not paying attention it having my great bike taken away from me.  Not sure if I am going to get a new 07/08 model or not... we shall see... sucks...

HappyMan

I've had the same experience with Sargent.  They've put one on my Beemer and now my Tiger seat is being worked on as I write this.  Great group of people and great seats!
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com