News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Torque Specs?

Started by ThreePutt, February 04, 2008, 06:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreePutt

Is there a chart somewhere listing all the torque specs?

Specifically I'm planning on installing a set of engine guards and bar risers.  If there's no chart, would anyone know the specs?

Also, do I need to use Loctite? I'm new at working on anything mechanical, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

iansoady

Ian.

1931 Sunbeam Model 10
1999 Honda SLR650

HappyMan

My service manual said 80 nm for front and rear motor mounts....
Life is hard.  It\'s even harder if you\'re stupid. - John Wayne

Life\'s too short......Let\'s ride! - HappyMan

http://ridedualsport.com

ThreePutt

Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

curt

Quote from: "Chyron"Also, do I need to use Loctite? I'm new at working on anything mechanical, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Loctite is your friend. Helps you from loosing stuff on the road. The medium strength (blue color) is good for all around. The high strength (red color and feared by many) really locks it home. Don't use to much, a dab will do ya. A drop on bigger bolts.
So many roads, so little time

ThreePutt

Quote from: "curt"
Quote from: "Chyron"Also, do I need to use Loctite? I'm new at working on anything mechanical, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Loctite is your friend. Helps you from loosing stuff on the road. The medium strength (blue color) is good for all around. The high strength (red color and feared by many) really locks it home. Don't use to much, a dab will do ya. A drop on bigger bolts.

A dab, got it.  Thanks.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT