News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Is this a good deal???

Started by Jrod, March 17, 2008, 02:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jrod

I found a 2001 Tiger in Roulette green with 55k miles. It has Thunderbike crash bars and all the hard bags.  It also has a sump plate on it.  It's a spoked wheel model.  He's asking $4,300 for it - is this a good deal?

Also, should I be wary of the mileage, or is it no big deal?  

One last question - are the spoked wheels tubed, or tubeless?

Thanks!

Stretch

Wire-spoke wheels are innertube type, but Sasquatch and others have successfully sealed their rims in order to use tubeless tires.  

No big deal about the mileage.  There are folks here who have more than 70k on their Tiggers and are running strong...

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,3618

4300 isn't bad, considering it's farkled with crash bars and skidplate (over 600 bucks for those).  Any crash damage?

Jrod

There's a scratch on the right side crash bar from what looks like a tip-over.  

Do the early model girlies have the 12v socket on the frame for heated gear?

TigerTrax

2 wheelers sometimes fall over.... moving or standing still.
The '01 has proven to be a very reliable model year.

It has the hard bags. Need more.... you'll have to 'add' it on.
That's Triumph. That's a Tiger.

Advice: Ask if the owner has receipts of service and a service manual.
Get info on last chain/sprocket change; Plugs, Air & Oil filter.

Most Tiger owners take pretty good care of their Tiger. Either they don't know anything and turn it over to the dealer. Or they do what they can and leasve the rest to a dealer.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Stretch

Quote from: "TigerTrax"2 wheelers sometimes fall over.... moving or standing still.

Very true.  A motorcycle's natural disposition is to become horizontal.

Mustang

Quote from: "TigerTrax"Most Tiger owners take pretty good care of their Tiger. Either they don't know anything and turn it over to the dealer. Or they do what they can and leasve the rest to a dealer.
And some won't let a dealer within ten miles of their bike  :shock: I be in that catagory , dealer mechanics for the most part are incomptent boobs !

oldrider

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "TigerTrax"Most Tiger owners take pretty good care of their Tiger. Either they don't know anything and turn it over to the dealer. Or they do what they can and leasve the rest to a dealer.
And some won't let a dealer within ten miles of their bike  :shock: I be in that catagory , dealer mechanics for the most part are incomptent boobs !

I think I must be very lucky, my dealer mechanic and his father both own them, his father has one exactly the same as mine!

Treats mine just like his Dad's.    :lol:  Cheers John. (hope they don't fall out   :shock:  )
Seek first to understand, then to be understood.