News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear brake line

Started by Bliker, March 08, 2008, 01:37:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliker

The rear brake line is clamped to the swingarm by 2 star bolts, which hold a rubber arm, which secures the brake line to the swingarm. There are threaded metal inserts, set into the swingarm, that the star bolts screw into. When removing the bolts the inserts came out of the swingarm, instead of the bolts unscrewing. My question is what would be a good way of securing the inserts back into the swingarm. I was thinking of lock tight. Anybody with a better idea?
2004 Tiger

Mustang

Loc-tite red , or purple is even  stronger . and you should be ok using loc-tite . If you want them to never come out use Loc-tite bearing compound and they will be there forever

katoomon

JB Weld on clean dry surfaces and they will not come out again.  It's great stuff, an expoxy that can be used on metal, plastic, etc; can be drilled, or filed.  I carry the quickset expoxy putty in my travel tool kit.

Here it is, used as filler because I needed a horn button and didn't want to replace the control set for one measly button.  There is also room for another switch if I decide to add something.
05 Tiger, 04 KTM 625 SXC, 19 Beta 390

Mustang

JB Weld is good stuff for sure , i sealed a crushed Honda CRF radiator with it last summer !