News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I am possibly hosed

Started by Dr. Mordo, February 23, 2008, 06:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TigerTrax

Way to go 'hozee' ....

or is it ...

'hozer'.....

or..

'hozeta' ...

' I wuz getting hozed... then I wuzent' ...
so did I miss out on sumthing?
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Mustang

Quote from: "TigerTrax"' I wuz getting hozed... then I wuzent' ...
so did I miss out on sumthing?
just the un hosing
Hey jerr how are ya

OregonTigerRider

jetdoc -
You're moving from another state, Kalifornyah could care less about whether the bike has any emissions control crap on it or not. They'll want to look at the vin # and the title / registration docs and that is it. The inspectors wouldn't know a evap can if it bit 'em on the arse.

Just sayin'
Cheers!

Michael Pierce
Cycle Parts Triumph
Eugene, Oregon
www.cyclepartstriumph.com

www.oregonsundayride.com

JetdocX

How long have you been out of that state?
From parts unknown.

OregonTigerRider

I've been out of California for about 4 years - but my daughter and son-in-law both still live there.

I assure you,, since you are moving into CA there will be NO emissions inspection of your motorcycle. DMV doesn't do it, CARB doesn't do it. Nobody does it. Not yet anyway.

Since the bike had a previous CA title there won't even be any "how many miles" or "is it CA Emissions stickered" questions, just a walk out to the bike for a VIN inspection and you'll be golden.

If you were buying a non-California emissions certified bike _as a resident of California_ and attempting to register it, that'd be a different thing. You're not. You're moving to the state, they want your registration money and your income tax money far more than they care about whether your bike is CA emissions legal or not.

There are a ton of threads on BARF and other CA specific moto sites that will back up what I'm telling you. On top of that, my statements come from my own experience moving into CA from Washington 6 years ago.

Me to DMV dude - "Hey, I just moved here from Seattle and I want to register my 3 motorcycles, none of them are CA emissions legal." DMV Dude - "Ok, let's look at your VIN numbers and titles and I'll take your money and give you your plates." Me - "I have a car too". Dude (not being as helpful) - "You have to get it emissions tested before I can give you plates." Bah. I had a German sourced Ford Sierra Cosworth with a big obvious hot-rod turbo on a 2.3litre twin cam (not exactly OEM for the car). It was not easy to get it plated...but I managed after a visit to the Referee.

You can check on the CA DMV website too, they'll 'splain how to register your bike again.

Cheers!
Cheers!

Michael Pierce
Cycle Parts Triumph
Eugene, Oregon
www.cyclepartstriumph.com

www.oregonsundayride.com

JetdocX

Cool!  But they will hit me for the sales tax I did not pay. :cry:

Please tell me I'm wrong there too.
From parts unknown.