News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HEATWAVE!

Started by tigerrider, August 07, 2007, 04:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerrider

I just looked out my office window and saw two pedestrians spontaneous combust while strolling down the side walk.

Looked like this just before sunrise.
(Crematoria from the Chronicles of Riddick)

:)

Stretch

Yep.  A hundred degrees and high humidity yesterday, 102 forecast for today.  Maybe we'll get a thunderstorm to cool things down.

And then we'll be out running half the night (working today).

blacktiger

I thought it was only the English summer that was "two fine days and a thunderstorm".
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Stretch

What's the temperature in Jolly Olde England this fine day?

blacktiger

Quote from: "Stretch"What's the temperature in Jolly Olde England this fine day?

This fine day has only been around 22c. That's about 71f. In the SE it's been sunny with those nice little fluffy white cumulous clouds.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

tigerrider

Quote from: "blacktiger"
Quote from: "Stretch"What's the temperature in Jolly Olde England this fine day?

This fine day has only been around 22c. That's about 71f. In the SE it's been sunny with those nice little fluffy white cumulous clouds.

Sunny? That must be a treat...about every episode of Top Gear has them poodling about in the drizzle.

Stretch

106 yesterday.  Bleh.

tigerrider

Went out this AM and did all my outdoor chores...I was dying at 10:30 just mowing in the morning sun.

I will be wearing my lightest MX gear tomorrow...

Stretch

Me too.  Shorts under mesh pants and a coolmax shirt under a FirstGear mesh jacket.

noivson

Same story in the Indy area...Two weeks of 90+ temps, no rain, even thinking brings on a sweat if outdoors! Now what about that whits stuff I posted....ummmmm :D
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

WIDGIN

I like this extremely warm weather just fine.  :D  
Of course, my job is selling Commercial Air Conditioning. :lol:  
Nice commissions checks this time of year.  8) 8)
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

Lots of brush fires too.  Nothing extra in my check for that, though.   :(

:mrgreen:

tigerrider

Riding home on Tues after work, if I would leave my face shield up, my face would start burning...I had to close the helmet in order to be comfy. :cry:

tigerrider

Ok, *another* week of high 90's and a chance to slip into the 100's again for the next 2 days... :evil:

August = HELL

Come on FALL!!!!

noivson

Finally, Sat. a few showers to settle the dust. Monday good hard rain. Temps dropped to 70....of course the 90's will be right back for the weekend!  :(
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'