News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HEATWAVE!

Started by tigerrider, August 07, 2007, 04:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIDGIN

Air temperature in the shade at my house was 101.1F this afternoon.  :P
Also, I was on the roof of a shopping mall this afternoon where it felt kinda warm.  Whipped out my IR thermometer and measured the temperature of the white gravel on the roof at 145F. :shock:  Air temperature was about 116 up there.
WIDGIN (When In Doubt, Gas It Now)
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

WIDGIN

Quote from: "Stretch"Set any fires?
I've been meaning to, but I never seem to get northeast enough for one to make it to your neck of the woods.   Damn, now I missed my chance since it's raining each evening.   :evil:
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

Oh, I thought it was you that did that shopping center early Sunday morning.  :mrgreen:

WIDGIN

No,

We prefer car-b-que's and truck-b-que's in the metro area.  Safer, higher visibility, and more flamboyant.  8)  Saw two on I-285 in last few weeks. :wink:  However, the last really rightous one was the gasoline semi that rolled under an I-285 overpass and caught fire a few years ago.  :roll:
BRG 2005 955i R.I.P.

Stretch

I remember that one.  The heat was so intense, it killed the overpass.  The concrete spalled and broke off of it, weakened exposed steel...

DOT had to close and condemn it, tear it down, and rebuild it.

Pretty expensive for a vehicle fire.

ned37

gotta love these posers complaining about the heat :lol:

greetings from arizona (but its a dry heat!)
95 blue steamer
04 husaberg fe650e