News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

middle spark plug question..?

Started by tattyTigger, June 14, 2008, 06:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tattyTigger

how do you get it out..... ?

do you need a special bendy tool?, or even need to lower the engine  :roll: .....coz the frame is only inches above the tube   :?

steammoto

If you go to the thread started by Mudhen entitled "Blowout!", there you will find suggestions. Personally I use the socket and allen wrench found in the tool kit.
1995 Steamer Diablo

Dr. Mordo

I use a 18mm deep well socket, a 3 inch extension and a ratchet.  You drop the socket in the hole, and then insert the extension into the socket, and then insert the ratchet into the extension.  Break the pug loose, then reverse the order of removal.  I finish loosening the plug with a piece of vacuum hose that fits over the porcelain on the plug.

A magnetic tool retriever helps, too.

I have done this approximately 1 million times in the last week trying to troubleshoot my bike.
1999 BMW F650

1996 Tiger